[1st Story] Friends or more ? Part 1

'Sometimes I wonder if we are close friends or not. '

We both first met when I transferred to this school. To me, it's a whole new place, environment. Imagine coming to Korea alone from a English speaking country. Wow I got to admit, there's a huge difference between Canada and Korea. The difference in culture, food, language, manners. Everything is new to me. It's scary though, that I came alone. Thinking back, wow I must be crazy to even do that but I did.... N I'm glad though....

When I first step into the classroom, I didn't dare to look at all of the class. I just look at teacher. Worried of the stares that I would receive from you guys.

I remembered the teacher ask me to self introduce. So I tried, I took a deep breathe and said "hello, I'm a transferred student here, nice to meet you all! I'm Wendy Son, Korean, Son Seungwan. Yes, it sounds like a boy's name. I know HAHAHAHA. " I tried laughing, joking a bit.

Lucky you guys react to it. Which I'm thankful for it. That's when I heard the laughter coming from a girl, who look at me, eyes close, forming into a crescent moon. It's you.

I look at you, laughing freely. Teacher ask me to sit at the last row which is way behind you. I was a bit disappointed but I know, we will definitely interact with one another soon.

*

I was right, we we're in the same class. For our elective subject, half of our class was in history and luckily you and I was in geography. There's only two girls and that's me and you so we just decided to sit together. I remember I was the one who first talked to you. I know your name after I introduce myself to you. You look cold when your not smiling. But this doesn't make me not want to befriend you. I mean there's only two girls in the class while the remaining is guys. I didn't know you we're pretty famous in school. I mean I should have realise that you are pretty famous with this pretty face of yours. Your beautiful smile.

We combined with another class who took geography as well due to the lack of teacher. I was left alone when I entered the class. I thought we would somehow end up sitting together. But guess not, you we're sitting with your other friends. I guess I forget that you have studied in this school longer than me. I just sit behind, at the back of the classroom with others. Lucky they we're kind enough and talked to me.

I can see you are happy, with those friends in geography class. But there's just that one girl, with short hair. She's very touchy with you. I don't mind it at all, at first.

*
There's another teacher who just join the school and she got appointed to teach our class so after just few months of combining with another class. We spilt with them. We both sit together in new classroom. I'm glad we we're not in the state of awkward anymore after me, who took the initiative to approach you several times after school when we we're walking to our next class.

I didn't expect you to be this shy at first. It took me quite awhile for you to warm up to me. When you not smiling or laughing, the face and vibe gave to people is cold. It's scary.

Gradually, day after day, months after month, we got closer. From strangers to close friends all within one year. You told me about your family, I told you mine. We shared our worries with each other. We just know what each other wants just by looking at one another. Or should I say, it's you, who know what I'm thinking and feeling just by looking at my face.

Our close friends would always asked whenever they see only me alone or you alone with this question, "where's your best friend? " this is how close we have become. I'm glad that we are best friends. As time goes by, I realise that I place you as my top priority. Your well being is the most important to me. I would always want to give you things. I would always care for you.