seven

DECEMBER

ddlovato : THREE! How on earth do I have a three year old? The past three years with this little lady has been absolutely magical

ddlovato : THREE! How on earth do I have a three year old? The past three years with this little lady has been absolutely magical. She's the perfect mix of me and her daddy; her daddy's perfect eyes and mommy's stubborn personality but I wouldn't change a thing. She loves nothing more than playing football in the garden with her daddy whilst dressed in a princess costume. Happy birthday, sweet girl. I love you more than all the stars and the moon combined

'You okay?' Joe asks glancing at Demi as she slides her phone onto the table.

'Mmm... I can't believe three years ago we were sitting in hospital with a tiny little Lyla in our arms.' She replies smiling slightly as she watches the little girl prancing around the living room with a Cinderella dress over her bright pink pyjamas.

'I know. I still feel like it was yesterday that I was watching you cradle her against your chest for the very first time.' He says shaking his head as he drapes his arm over her shoulders and kisses the top of her head.

'The other night when you were out with the guys and I was putting the girls to bed I tucked them both in and I kissed each of their heads and it made me think... I am so grateful for the family that we have, our girls are my world and I guess I just thought that if this is what we end up with, if we don't have anymore children then that's not a bad thing. We are extremely lucky to have two amazing children. I am extremely lucky to have experienced two pregnancies and if that is it then I'm pretty okay with that.' She says softly glancing up at him.

'Yeah? What does this mean? Do you want to stop trying for a baby?' He asks watching as she glances at the girls before looking back at him and nodding her head.

'I don't want to keep going through month after month of negative tests or miscarriages; I just don't want to put myself through that.' She admits and he smiles slightly.

'Okay. I don't want you putting yourself through that either and if you're happy to stop trying for a baby then I am as well... We don't have to look at it as stopping forever, we can always decide to try again if you change your mind.' He says as she cuddles into his side.

'Yeah.' She replies quietly.

FEBRUARY

'What time is our flight actually at again?' Joe asks as he helps Lyla out of the car and glances over at Demi who has Nellie balanced on her hip.

'10:15; hopefully they'll both sleep on the flight because we've kept them awake.' Demi replies smiling.

'Hopefully.' He says taking hold of Lyla's hand and making his way round to Demi who is strapping Nellie into the stroller.

'Where we going, daddy?' Lyla asks glancing up at Joe who smiles.

'We're going on a big airplane and we're going to fly for a long time until we land in a place called Australia.' Joe replies smiling as he lifts her and sits her on top of the suitcases.

'Will we see Kangaroos?' She asks and Joe nods his head.

'We most definitely will, little lady.' He replies.

****

'You comfy, darling?' Demi asks as she runs her fingers through Lyla's hair as the little girl curls up with a blanket. They've been in the air for twenty minutes and already Nellie is fast asleep in Joe's arms.

'Mmm... How long are we going to be away for, mommy?' Lyla asks.

'Three whole weeks. We're going to do so much fun stuff.' Demi replies.

'Excited, momma.' Lyla says yawning as Demi continues to run her fingers through the little girl's hair.

'Sleep, baby girl. We'll be right here when you wake up.' Demi says softly. Leaning down she kisses the top of Lyla's head before glancing at Joe who smiles.

'Ready for the family break of a lifetime?' He asks and she nods her head.

'So ready.' She replies smiling.

'What are you looking forward to the most?' He asks reaching over to link his fingers through hers.

'Mmm... Everything. I really want to take the girls to Australia Zoo, that place looks amazing and I think they'll love it.' She replies.

'I think they will too. I think it'll be amazing just to have a break away from LA. With both us being back at work we've really not had that much time lately have we?' He says watching as she shakes her head.

'I want to change that. I want us to make time together and time as a family a priority. No more going a week without seeing each other and snapping at each other because we're both stressed out.' She admits causing him to smile.

'That sounds like a good idea, babe. Lets make more time.' He says gently squeezing her hand.