The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 24

~Chapter 24~

 “There. Happy?” I continued walking down the hall as she growled in anger. I rolled my eyes, turning a corner before stopping abruptly, my nose half an inch from hitting someone’s chest.

I looked up, my eyes widening in surprise. “Sharky?”

The blue skinned man in front of me blinked in surprise, having also stopped. He stared down at me, his eyes lighting up in recognition.

“Hokori? What’re you doing here?” I shrugged, noting the fact he didn’t have his Akatsuki cloak on.

“Mission. You?” He smirked.

“The same. You trying to get information on us?” He smirked then nodded towards the door we were currently standing a foot away from. I guess he had just exited from it.

“Itachi’s in there if you want to see them. He’s been all weird since he read your note. Whatever you said, it’s really affected him.” My brows furrowed and I looked down.

“Yeah….I guess it would.” I looked up at Sharky and smiled.

“Keep away from the fourth floor. The bastards I’ve been assigned this mission with have their rooms down there.” Kisame nodded, walking down the hall before glancing over his shoulder at me.

“I thought we were supposed to be enemies next time we met.” He rose an eyebrow and I simply shrugged.

“I’m tired. Just slaughtered a few hundred people and took a shower. Rather not get in a fight at the moment.” His eyes widened in surprise for a moment before sending me a shark-like grin.

“You’d make a badass criminal.” I rolled my eyes and let myself into the room, closing the door quietly. I immediately caught sight of Itachi standing at the window, his forehead resting against the glass and his back to me.

His eyes snapped open when the door clicked shut, red eyes glowing in the moonlit room. His brows furrowed, however, when he saw that it was me.

“Hokori?”

“Yo Weasel-chan. Want some dango?” I held up the bag I had been eating, smirking slightly.

He stared at me for a few minutes, the silence between us more annoying than someone screaming in your ear. I sighed, walking over to the bed I knew was Itachi’s since his scent was emanating from it.

I fell back, landing on my back with my limbs splayed out. I laid my head on the pillow, looking at him curiously as he continued staring at me from the window reflection.

“Itachi-chan~! Answer me before I eat them all~!” I ordered, pulling out one and eating it for emphasis. He sighed, closing his eyes and turned towards me.

When he opened them they were black again and he strode over to the bed, sitting with his back against the headboard as I scooted to one side.

“What’re you doing here, Hokori?” He asked, taking the dango stick as I handed it to him.

“Mission. Sharky says you’re on one as well.” Itachi glared towards the door and I chuckled quietly, biting into another dango.

“Don’t worry; he didn’t say what you guys were doing. I warned him not to go on the fourth floor, by the way. That’s where the bastards are.” Itachi twitched in surprise, taking another dango stick from the bag.

“They’re still alive?” Yeah, he knew who I meant by ‘the bastards’. He always would considering he had to save their asses more than the first time. Except all the other times were from me murdering them.