Interrupted

You decided it was best not knowing until she had strong evidence, there was no point in risking having to lie to your man over a theory. Heather understood, but thanked you for seeing her anyway. Her shift on watch was over so you walked her back to her room and went to get Simon and Cam for dinner. 

Negan's table was getting bigger with the addition of you and Cam but he didn't seem to mind. Sherrie shot you daggers through the entire meal and you were dying to ask if Negan had screamed your name, but decided to keep quiet and just smile at her sweetly. You could see it was driving her insane. 

"Stop winding her up" laughed Simon when he realised what you were doing, 

"I don't know what you're talking about my love" you replied innocently. He just shook his head and laughed, running his hand up your leg under the table. He knew he was the reason you hated her, and you needed that reassuring touch that he gave you right on cue. You sat and enjoyed your meal, listening to Simon and Cam talk about superheroes and comics they used to read before the walkers. You loved that they gone on so well and that Simon had accepted you came as a package now. You caught Negan's eye across the table and he winked at you,

"So how was Hilltop?" he asked, 

"It was okay" you sighed and Simon held your hand, Cam fell silent. 

"You sure?" Negan asked concerned,

"It's just hard being so unwelcome in a place I used to call home" you confessed

"You don't need them anymore honey" he tried to convince you but it was too soon. You finished your meals and headed back to your rooms. Negan told you and Simon that he was holding a meeting first thing and he needed you both to be there. You nodded and turned in for the night. Cam fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow, and you weren't far behind, Simon wrapped his arms around you, you felt so safe next to him, and fell asleep content.

You woke up bright and early, Simon was already awake, watching you. 

"Don't be creepy" you said groggily,

"Have I ever told you how sexy your morning voice is?" he asked smirking, you pulled the pillow over your face and groaned. He chuckled and you felt him climb out of bed. "come on we best not keep him waiting" he called as he disappeared into the bathroom. You climbed out of bed and pulled on your green jeans and grey tank, pulling your hair up into a messy bun, before using the bathroom once he had finally finished. 

"Jeez I never thought I would be with someone who took longer in the bathroom than I did" you teased, he fake laughed and flipped you off.

"Takes time to look this good sweetheart" he shouted through the bathroom door. You smiled to yourself and finished getting ready. 

Cameron knew not to leave his room in a morning until you went to get him, so you left him in bed and followed Simon to the meeting room. I was cold and grey in there, with a single long table and chairs. Negan and a couple of other Saviours, the more trusted ones, including Dwight were already there. Simon took his place next to Negan and you sat beside Dwight, he smiled as you walked over, you hadn't really seen him since you came back. You chatted and caught up until the last people arrived and Negan called for you all to 'shut the hell up'. He informed you all that you would be going to war against Alexandria, he had started planning an attack and needed input from everyone if he had missed anything and volunteers for who would be in charge of each stage of the attack. You were in way over your head, having never been a part of anything like this and never killed anyone other than the dead. Simon must have sensed your discomfort as he winked at you from across the table. 

"Honey where do you fit in?" Negan asked since you hadn't really committed to any part of the plan so far. 

"Negan can I talk to you for a sec?" you asked and stood for him to follow you outside, he looked confused but obliged and told Simon to take over for a minute. He closed the door behind him and you had his full attention.

"So what's so damn important you needed to leave the room?" he asked and then smirked "or did you just want to get me alone" You laughed and hit his arm playfully.

"No Negan this is serious" you sighed

"Sorry Honey, go on I'm listening" he apologised,

"I've never killed anyone" you whispered, his face changed from shock to understanding and he rubbed the back of his head,

"Well shit" he exclaimed "He's me almost forcing you to pop your cherry" you rolled your eyes at his choice of words, 

"Is there something I can do that doesn't involve killing?" you asked,

"In theory I'm sure there is, if you drive something but Honey if this all goes to shit, you might have to grow some balls and pull a trigger or two, we can't protect you out there when there's so much at stake" you nodded understanding

"thank you" you sighed, feeling like a weight had been lifted, but knowing that killing someone was inevitable in this situation, even if it wasn't this fight, you would have to eventually. You followed Negan back inside and he resumed control of the meeting. Simon rose and eyebrow at you, checking you were okay and you smiled in response. 

Negan was mid sentence when he was interrupted by a series of loud bangs.....gun shots. The room you were in had a door that led to a balcony at the front of the building. 

"What in the name.." Negan exclaimed, storming to the door and opening it, you all followed him out onto the balcony. There was a line of cars that had drove through the gates, knocking them down, now pulled up at the front of the Sanctuary, They had core-gated metal sheets nailed to the cars as armour to protect the vehicles and the people stood around them.

"Do you mind!" Negan yelled "I was having a meeting!" Him and Rick exchanged words, well shouts, Rick was trying to convince Negan to stand down and leave them be.

"You have just invaded my territory and fired at my house and you want me to step down!" Negan yelled "Sorry Rick, Not today"

"Well then you leave us no choice" he yelled and they opened fire, Negan fell off the balcony, but the rest of you managed to get inside, you tried to jump down after him but Simon stopped you.

"We have to help him" you yelled,

"It's too risky" you snapped restraining you, "you'll get yourself killed, he can look after himself" You heard glass smash as they fired at all the windows, you all dropped to the floor, covering your head as the windows of your room shattered around you. You heard the vehicles speed off, and risked looking out of the now empty window frame.

"Oh shit" you exclaimed as you saw a herd, bigger than any you had seen before, pile in through the broken fence and swarm the Sanctuary. Simon and Dwight joined, eyes wide when they saw too. 

"Negan's down there" you whispered to Simon, panicked and worried about your friend, he wrapped his arm around you,

"He'll be fine" he said confidently, you knew Negan could look after himself, but even for him, this was bad.

*******************************************************

Hey guys, I know I'm not following exactly how it plays out in The Walking Dead but there would be no point in writing if I totally ripped it off.

please comment and vote

lots of love xx