Two

Alex's pov))

I glanced at the mirror to meet my own eyes, null and void of fear, as I've been trained to be, as I have practiced for what is now a year. I put on a fake smile as I met my sister's eyes through the mirror, as she strapped my bag on me, and smiled back, full of life. It shouldn't bother me so much, after all she's only 13, but the thought of her taking part in the mating games honestly terrifies me. I've been there. I've been in there last year and managed to get out alive. This time I'm prepared.

My body might have been ready, but my mind definitely wasn't.. Well not anymore.

I kissed my sister's forehead, promised I'd be back before she knew it, and waved her goodbye as I got onto my motorcycle and drove off to the games.

------

The Black Moons territory. Almost the same as last year. Maybe that'll give me some sort of advantage. My thoughts were running wild as I stood in line, listening as names were being called out from both sexes, to label the strongest. Having been left without a mate last year I was in the last 30. Good. They won't expect what I can do. I brushed my scar on my neck gently, remembering the brutal fight from last year. Despite our much faster healing abilities, it would never heal properly, it was too deep.

As the females began running, I was preparing my mind. When the males first get out its chaotic. Certain ones attempt to settle past scores, others charge towards the nearest female like a rabid dog. Me? I have a plan. I'll be going for the strongest. The fastest. The most cunning. It'll be a challenge sure.. But I don't mind. .. rogue I've seen the other males look at her the way they did. That's my chance to redeem myself. Not only that, but to get a strong mate.. After all that is the point of all this.

I bolted out as soon as the man blew the whistle for the males after the 5 minutes weight, quickly running into the forested area to avoid direct confrontation. It was best to let them exhaust each other.

I began navigating through the thickly forested area, making sure to move silently, in search of prey. My plan was simple. Find a female. Challenge them. Battle them. Win. If I want the stronger ones though, I'll have to be ready for competition with the other males.

I start running North. I should know, its where the best hiding spots are, I had to hide last year to survive. A black, grizzled male suddenly appears in front of me in wolf form, slowly closing up before pouncing for the kill. I swiftly dodge its attack, the blood from his latest victim splattering across my face from his slobbering mouth. An Alpha.

I manage to outrun him when his head gets stuck between two trunks whilst chasing me. Panting for breath, I look around for any clues of females, sniffing about. I pick up on a scent but quite a blurred one. Trying to follow it I realise I'm going around in a zigzag. Its not long before I see a male thats already marked a female, a weak one but nevertheless, a mate. The female stood underneath, powerless. That was quick.. She must have thought that the best place to hide would be close by. Foolish.

The smell begins to fade away as I follow it through miles on end. I find a corner to safely transform into my wolf form. Despite having dark hair, my wolf form was covered in thick, white fur. My parents had said that I had been 'touched' by the God of the North Wind, Boreas. I began scouting around, trying to find the source of the scent. I could tell that it was of a strong female from the scent itself. I'm getting close..
( second chapter of Alex's point of view Ihope you enjoy :)