13

Madison's POV

"I- um, have to go. Sorry." I stuttered, grabbing my things quickly. Ethan had a sad look on his face.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done th-"

"It's fine Ethan. I just have something to do." I said, sending him a reassuring smile and heading out the door.

I rushed to my car and sat on the hot leather seat. I pulled out, seeing Ethan watching through the window.

I could have sworn I saw a tear roll down his cheek.

Although I left Ethan confused, I knew exactly why I left. Exactly why that kiss set me off.

I was afraid that my suspicions of myself would be confirmed, that I would do something I never thought I would do.

I would fall for Ethan.

I woke up the next morning and groggily got out of bed. My hair was a mess, so I threw it into a messy bun and put on a lazy outfit.

After arriving at school, I could still feel the stares going into my back. I ignored it, like I always do.

"Wow, looking like Madi didn't seem to care what she looked like today." a random boy snickered.

"Yeah, neither did you. Except, that's everyday." I heard from behind me. I turned to reveal Ethan.

The boy scoffed and turned on his heel to walk away. I lightly tapped on Ethan's shoulder.

"You know, you don't have to stick up for me every time." I said, laughing a little.

"I only do things that I want to do, and protecting you is one of them." he said, shrugging as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

I shifted a bit as we walked, still not feeling totally comfortable with Ethan. Something just, irked me when I was with him. I didn't know what.

a/n sorry for not uploading for a while and a short chapter!! writers block:(