Dazed and Confused

You woke up with a stinging headache, and sweat dripping down the back of your neck. You looked down to see those damn handcuffs still wrapped around your wrists. You sigh and look at your surroundings with squinted eyes. Where did joseph go? That fucking bastard! You thought to yourself. God knows how much time has passed since Joseph had spoken to you earlier. You start to remember how he looked down at you, chest sweaty and beat, telling you that the world is on fire. The fear taking hold of your stomach making you sick.

A huge crack of thunder jolted you from your thoughts, except it wasn't thunder. Probably another explosion somewhere near the bunker.

You adjust your position a bit, your legs becoming numb beneath your weight. It was getting hot in here. You look to your left, where an empty doorway sat and the door creaking slightly on its hinges from the distant blasts.

"Jos...eph?" you meekly call out into the dark doorway. You're scared, hot, hungry, and now you have to pee. You start to pull at your handcuffs, shaking the table you are cuffed to. After a few moments of pulling at the table, something falls to the floor with a thud. You jump a little, and focus your eyes on what seems to be a radio on the ground in front of you. You lean in closer to it to get a better look when you fly backwards after a loud voice starts coming from it.

"Tkkksssss—This is an automated emergency broadcast shhhtttttt----" It keeps cutting off and on. You continue to stare at it in silence and disbelief.

Yes.. the world really is on fire and I'm not dreaming...? Fuck! When is Joseph coming back??

You use your feet to pull the radio closer to you to try and see if there's anyone alive out there. You try so hard to reach your fingers to it, but the metal cuffs are digging deeper into your wrists and you moan in defeat as you rest your back against the warm wall behind you.

You look up at the ceiling and close your eyes, picturing Joseph's face so close to you. You could almost feel his hot breath beating down on you. You open your eyes slowly to see your vision had come true. Your eyes flip open wide and you let out a small squeal when you see the him knelt down in front of you, eyes leveled, a curious look on his face.

"Good evening Deputy. It's nice to see you awake." He says in a low voice, still locking eyes with you. He picks up the radio from the floor, still looking at you, and then stands up with it. He looks down at it for a few moments, listening, waiting. Static was the only thing coming from it at this point. "I wouldn't bother with the radio my dear. Everything is unfolding the way God had intended. Just relax." With that, he tossed the radio onto the table again and knelt down in front of you once more, bringing up a hand to rest on the wall you were laying against, his arm a mere inch from the side of your face. You could smell...aftershave? Yes that's right, the sweet and musky smell of an expensive aftershave stung your nose. You studied his face with a confused expression, noticing how clean he appeared, not a spot of blood on him.

The longer you looked at him, the more you wanted to run away. But at the same time you wanted him to close the gap between you and ravish you.

Uh what the fuck y/n?? Why am I thinking about this?? This guy is batshit!

You think to yourself, slowly moving your eyes to his lips.

"I wouldn't do that" he hums to you, moving his hand from the wall to the side of your face.

Your heart nearly skips a beat at the sound of his voice breaking the silence. You turn all shades of red and try to look away but his other hand comes up and holds you still, and you have no choice but to look at him in his deep blue eyes. He lets out a light chuckle and his smile makes you melt in his hands. "What was your name? I don't think I recall hearing it. It can't be rook." He says in a light southern drawl. Your heart keeps beating faster and you're sure he can hear it between the sounds of hell outside the bunker walls.

"y/n..." You meekly let out, shifting your eyes down and on his clothed chest. You can hear him inhaling deeply, replaying the sound of your name in his head. He lets a breath out and looks at you again, and you lock eyes once more.

"Lovely" he says to you. After some moments, he says "y/n, how would you like to have a cold shower and fresh clothes?"

Uh yes please! Wait, what?

You look at him puzzled for a moment, as if he would actually set you free right? He moved one hand to rest on his bent knee and the other searching in his chest pocket of his jacket. He pulls out a silver key and sticks it into the hole in your handcuffs.

Wait a second, is he actually gonna let me go? Are we the only two in this bunker? Where's the food? So many thoughts were running through your mind. He stops for a moment, gazing at you. You look at him, still confused.

"I would like to put the events of the past behind us. God has given you a second chance here, with me. We will survive this storm together and march to Eden's Gate.

"But-" He continues to unlock the cuffs, "you need to be a good girl and behave yourself, do you understand?" He says as the handcuffs fall to the floor next to you. You think about what you should say, and you decide it would be better to play nice with him. "Yes, Father".

After all, the world is falling apart all around you and you are trapped in a bunker with an extremely attractive and polite lunatic. Might as well make the most of your time, however much time that may be...