Chapter One: Marriage?

Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh! or Cardcaptor Sakura

Cardcaptor Sakura © Clamp
Yu-Gi-Oh! © Kazuki Takahashi

Note:This is one of my first stories that I made (which I have re-written many times) I hope that someone likes it. I most likely have mistakes, but I'll look over them later.

The Princess Of Avalon And The Prince Of Egypt
Written By : Marik's Girl

Chapter 1
Marriage?

Princess Sakura of the Avalon Kingdom sighed as she stared up at the night sky. Her short light brown hair waved in the breeze, it was cold but she didn't care; even if her shoulders are bare. Since the white dress that she is wearing was strapless. A golden necklace rested between her breast. She is also wearing a pair white shoes. Thoughts were going though her mind as she stared up at the stars. Like how could her dad engage her to someone that she didn't even know! Sure she respected her father but she was going to meet and marry some prince of lower Egypt.

' Why must I get married to this prince of Egypt? ' She question. ' I don't even know him... ' She sighed again. ' The stars looks so beautiful tonight... ' She then made a face that would of seem funny. ' He probably isn't even good looking. '

Lower Egypt, in the palace..

"WHAT!"

The Pharaoh of lower Egypt sighed at his son out burst; who was the next heir to the throne. He rubbed his temples. "Atem, please calm down and lower your voice." Said Pharaoh as prince Atem mumbled a "Sorry" And bowed his head in respect to the Pharaoh; His father. "Father, I cannot get married" He began but the Pharaoh interrupted him. "You WILL get MARRIED to princess Sakura of the Avalon Kingdom, it is for the greater good that you two marry. Not only will it be good for the both of you but it will be the union of our kingdoms to unite together."

"I'm not getting married to her! Besides I'm two young to get married" Said Atem as he glared daggers at his father. "I do not want to hear it!" Said Pharaoh; Atem was about to say more but a guard came into the throne room, interrupting them. "My Pharaoh I have a message that was sent from King Aiden"

Pharaoh nodded and then turned to his son. "We WILL settle this later Atem, you are dismissed." Said Pharaoh while Atem nodded his head and bowed; leaving the guard and the his father alone and walking towards his room...

Atem's Room

Atem dismissed his guards and laid on his bed; his arm covering his red eyes. He sighed. How could is father do this to him? He was only 15 for crying out loud! He grumbled slightly. He didn't even know this princess Sakura... she was a stranger to him. He really didn't want to get married, AND he DID NOT want to get married to some princess that he hardly knew...

He knew of three things.

1) He was too young to get married; he was only 15.

2) He didn't need a wife to become Pharaoh. (Well he kind of does since he can't become Pharaoh unless his father dies or he gets married.)

3) She's probably not even pretty.

He was sure of the 3rd reason... the Egyptian women here were really beautiful, why couldn't he marry one of them?

Meanwhile

Sakura sighed as she stared at the sea. It was indeed beautiful, just as her father had told her. She had a worried look on her face as the wind blew her short light brown hair. YES she was VERY worried about meeting her future husband. She really didn't want to marry someone that she hardly knew... but she also wondered what kind of person this prince was... she sighed again as she looked out into the sea once again, heading towards lower Egypt on her father's boat.

Lower Egypt (That was fast, wasn't )

Sakura, along with her father got off the boat onto the dry land of Egypt. "Sakura." Sakura glanced up at her father. "Yes dad?" She asked as she looked at him. "Why don't you look around the market place for awhile, why I go to the 'palace' and talk to Pharaoh." Said Aiden; Sakura nodded her head. "Okay" And with that Aiden went off to the palace while Sakura looked at the many things of the market place.

Around the same time, prince Atem was also in the market place. He was dressed as a commoner; he had to get away for a little while... he hated to stay in the palace for a long time. He got very bored and besides he liked walking around the market place. He didn't mind all the people around him and he liked it when they treated him like a person and not the prince of Egypt...

Out of the corner of his eye, he was someone... It was a girl; she, the girl was indeed very beautiful. Unlike any girl he had seen before. Well number one, her skin was light and creamy looking. To Atem it looked so soft to touch. Her hair was short and light brown in color; framing her pretty face. Next were her eyes He had never seen eyes that color before and it seemed to suite her; Her eyes are a emerald green color that seemed to sparkle as she looked at the many things in the market place.

She turned around and Atem had to hide, he didn't want her to find out that he was staring at her... she blinked a couple of times. She then shook her head and turned back around and walked on her way.

Atem sighed. ' I wonder who she is? ' He then shook his head. ' I should get back to the 'palace' before someone finds out that I'm missing.' And with that thought in mind he was on his way back to the 'palace'.

End Chapter 1

Well here is Chapter One, hope you like, don't forget to leave a review. :)

Marik's girl