Chapter Two: They Meet

Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura or Yugioh!

Card Captor Sakura © Clamp
Yu-Gi-Oh! © Kazuki Takahashi

Note: Finally, chapter two is here :)

Chapter Two
They Meet

Written by: Marik's Girl

Atem tapped his fingers against a small table that was in his room, his eye twitching, every so often as he did so. Who was she? Who was that beautiful girl that he saw in the market place? Those were the questions that ran across his mind for the last half hour since he had been in his room. He had to see her again, somehow.... But how could he when he had never even met her knew her name? He muttered something under his breath; why was this bothering him so much? He had only looked at her, and he was trapped. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in."

The door opened, and a young man of twenty-two walked in wearing an Egyptian priest outfit. He had short brown hair and blue colored eyes. It was his cousin and the high priest Set. "Your majesty! The Pharaoh has summoned you to the throne room. Princess Sakura of Avalon has arrived." Atem nodded; he almost forgot that about the princess --- almost. Here he was sitting, thinking of another girl and he was arranged to marry a princess that he had never met before.

Joy.

He stood up. "Inform the Pharaoh that I am on my way." Set nodded his head and then left the room. Atem sighed as he looked at his window briefly before he walked out of his room and headed towards the throne room.

:::::

{ The Throne Room }

When Atem arrived in the throne room, he saw two people besides his father. One was a man that was in his mid-forties with short brown hair and light brown colored eyes, a pair of glasses rested on the bridge of his nose. He is wearing a white with gold trim tunic, baggy grey pants, and white slip-on shoes. Next to him stood a girl of fifteen or so, she was 5'5" in height, making her an inch taller than Atem was (he was 5'4" in height) She has short light brown hair that was cut short in the back but had long strands framing her cheeks. Her eyes were a big and beautiful emerald green color, her face is heart-shaped, and her skin is fair and light. She is wearing a beautiful long white dress that seemed to fit her in all the right places. A pair of white slip-on shoes are on her feet. She is wearing gold and silver jewelry that he had never seen before. Around her neck was a gold necklace of what looked like a star key.

'It's that girl, from the market place...' Atem was shocked as he looked at her. The Pharaoh than seem to notice that his only child and heir was in the room.

"Ah! Atem you are here, good!" he said with a smile.

Sakura glanced behind her when she heard the Pharaoh speak up, and she blinked her eyes at what she saw. There at 5'4" in height stood a boy that looked like he was fifteen. Like his father, he was an Egyptian with bronze skin tone. He was handsome, to say the least --- even if his hairstyle was a bit odd, she had never seen tri-colored hair before. But there he stood with blonde bangs that looked like lightning bolts, while the rest of his hair was shaped like a star, it's color was red and black. His eyes are crimson, which made her surprised, to say the least --- since she had never seen such an eye color like that before. He is wearing a sleeveless white tunic that came to mid-thigh with a purple sash around his hips. A gold choker around his neck, gold upper armbands, and gold wristbands. Gold Egyptian earrings, gold ankle bands, and white slip-on shoes.

Yes, he was indeed handsome, and one could get lost in those eyes of his...

"Sakura." Aiden brought princess Sakura back to reality with his voice. She looked away from the boy that was in the room and looked at her father. "Yes?" Aiden smiled at his daughter. "This is prince Atem of lower Egypt. You're intended." Both teens were surprised at his words. This was prince Atem? But who was surprised the most was Atem. Who would have thought that the girl that he had seen was the princess that he was to marry?

Sakura turned around to Atem and bowed. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, prince Atem! I am known as princess Sakura of the Avalon Kingdom." she said with a bright smile on her face as she lifted her body straight again. He walked towards her with slowness and then surprised her as he took her hand into his and then placed a kiss on her knuckles, making her blush. "Likewise." he said with a smile on his face. He then removed his hand from hers.

"Atem --- why don't you show the princess around the palace?" said the Pharaoh. Atem nodded. "Of course." he then turned to Sakura. "Shall we?" she nodded with the blush on her face. Both teens bowed before they left, and then he left the throne room.

:::::

{ One Week Later }

It had been one week since Atem and Sakura had first met; at first, they did get along, but now --- not so much. They would argue about different things, mostly silly things, and the Pharaoh and Aiden became worried about the two...

"You are the most annoying person I have ever met!" yelled Sakura as she glared daggers at the young prince. He huffed as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Takes one to know one!" he argued back, making Sakura's eyes flare. How dare he! How dare he! He was such a- such a – JERK! She was a princess! How dare he treat her in such a manner! He maybe a prince, but still. Atem had to admit, though, that she was quite cute when she got angry. Perhaps that was why he keeps on trying to get her mad? He then suddenly stuck his tongue out at her. "Ohhhhh!" she glared at him and then did the same.

"Princess, Prince."

Both teens stopped what they were doing and glanced behind them and saw High Priest Set standing not too far from them with a smirk on his face. They both blushed at being caught doing something childish. Set just shook his head at how immature they have been acting lately.

"What is it, High Priest Set?" Atem asked as he tried to control his blushing face.

"The Pharaoh has summoned the both of you to the throne room." said Set as the 'couple' blinked at each other and then looked back at Set. "If you will follow me." they both nodded and then followed the high priest to the throne room, both wondering what the Pharaoh had summoned them for.

End Chapter Two

Yay! Chapter Two is finished :) I am working on Chapter Three now.
- Marik's Girl