(1) What's going on?

It was more or less 2 AM. I couldn't fall asleep yet. Mom would totally kill me when she knew I couldn't sleep because I had to wake up at 6 AM for starting school. Yeah, pretty bad luck. But anyway, I had a million thoughts in my head: high school, friends, exams, my birthday for some reason, and other things.
What was sounding louder between those thoughts, was summer. I would really miss it, 'cause it had been great. Alicia and Joane had come to the beach with me, and also with them and my other friends, we made sleepovers and stuff.
What I was mostly thinking about summer, was the way it would change the next year. Definitely, I would miss those holidays more than anything that had ever happened to me. However, I should go to school, and leave those memories as...well, memories, 'cause that's all they are, right?
I had slept for five hours. I repeat, five. I looked like a zombie and I was rushing all morning long. I went to Klonnutery High School for two years from that moment, but I actually felt that everything was different as if there were small little details that changed every single thing, but why? What was it? Rumors were flying in the air and I could smell them. Bad smell.

FIRST FLOOR, LOCKERS.
ME: Hey! Sophie!
SOPHIE: Josie!! Hi, how are you!
ME: Oh great. Had so much fun this summer...
SOPHIE: Oh yeah, me too. I went to New York and met Shawn Mendes and oh-my-god! He's amazing.
JOSIE: Woooow that's great, I know how much you love him. So, what did he tell you???
SOPHIE: Well, it was a meet and greet so he said what's your name and stuff... I was so amazed, you got no idea.
ME: Well, I'm really happy for you-
SOPHIE: You? Ha, you had sooo much fun than I did...
ME: Uh? Haha, what do you mean?
SOPHIE: Oh, come on, everyone knows about what happened with Christan-
ME: I got no idea what you're talking about-
SOPHIE: Admit it! You kissed him-
ME: What the heck are you saying? Is this a joke or something?
SOPHIE: We're best friends! You know you can say anything to me. Why did Bethany know before I did?
ME: Is that what everyone's talking about?
SOPHIE: Yeah, haven't you noticed yet?
ME: Me? With Christian? Really, do you think I could kiss that guy? He's a terrible perso-
SOPHIE: Hey, I'm not saying it's true, that's why we're talking about it-
*Bell ringing*
ME: Ok, see you later, I'm going to math.

What the heck? Christian? I barely knew him! I meant, what?! The first day and I was already in "trouble", I guessed, 'cause Bethany was the bee queen, and Christian was her king. They were a couple, and there was one thing that I had always done: stay away from them.
I texted Christian instantly, while I was walking to the other building, going to math. He was the one who would be in trouble for all those lies because I didn't even see him during the whole summer. He was gonna pay for it.
Of course, those thoughts of revenge were only thoughts, not actions. I was too shy with the people that were not my friends.
I sat with Camila, one of my friends, and asked her all about the Christian stuff. Everyone knew, except me. While the teacher was presenting herself, my phone vibrated.
CHRISTIAN'S MESSAGE
I grabbed it out of my pocket secretly and I read it:
LOOK BEHIND.
I didn't know why, but I felt a bit scared with that message. Anyway, I turned around and Christian was two tales behind. Damn. We shared math. Yuppy!
When the bell rang, I told Camila if she could wait for me for a second and she stood there with her headphones, listening to music.

MATH ROOM, SCIENCE BUILDING.
FIRST FLOOR
ME: Hey, Christian!
CHRISTIAN: Oh, hey, um,...
ME: Josie. My name's Josie.
CHRISTIAN: Oh, yeah! Sorry. Is everything alright? I received your message-
ME: -Seriously?-
CHRISTIAN: What?
ME: I know what everyone's talking about.
CHRISTIAN: Josie, what are you saying? Are you angry because I kissed Josie from 5th year?
ME: What?!
CHRISTIAN: Yeah, -you look angry-
NE: Nonononono, please, don't misunderstand me, I just thought-
MILES: Oh my god...She thought... HAHAHA...She thought that everyone said you kissed her!!!!!
ME: Oh my god...
CHRISTIAN: What?! Really?! Hahaha, I'm, HAHAHA, I'm sorry Josie but, no, no one's saying that... HAHAHA...
ME: Oh my god this is SO embarrassing...I'm sorry Chris, I...I don't know what to say....um-
CHRISTIAN: No don't worry, you don't have to say anything.                                                                MILES: Let's go, Chris, we have Biology.

-

CAMILA: Total humiliation?

-

ME: Let's...just...go.