video game fantasy

"Pidge, quick, grab the axe!"

"I'm trying!" Pidge mumbled, holding her controller tightly, mashing the buttons.

"THEY'RE GOING TO KILL YOU, PIDGE," Lance screamed.

"I REALISE THAT." Pidge yelled back, managing to dodge the monsters' moves.

But as it seemed like there was a chance, all hope was lost.

The last weapon that Pidge had broke.

"CURSE THIS GAME AND ITS MECHANICS," Pidge shouted, trying to run away from the monsters, but instead getting greeted with a game over screen.

Pidge let out a groan and fell to the floor in defeat, her head resting on Lance's lap.

"Aww, is Pidgeon frustrated?" Lance smirked, fluffing up Pidges hair.

Pidge rolled her eyes but continued letting Lance fluff her hair. It was annoying, as it made her hair messier than it already was, but for some reason, she enjoyed Lance patting her head.

"What do you think?" Pidge replied, letting out a yawn.

Lance glanced at the clock. "Oh wow, it's 1 am already."

"I'm surprised you didn't wake everyone up when you started screaming." Pidge chuckled.

"Hey!" Lance pouted, folding his arms.

Pidge laughed again, but it got interrupted by another yawn.

Lance, noticing this, let out a small smile. "Pidge, you're tired. You should go to bed."

"I-I'm not tired..." Pidge trailed on, though her body was gravitating toward her bed.

"You sure?" Lance asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Ugh, fine, I'm tired," Pidge admitted, falling onto her bed. She put the blanket over herself. "Gah, it's still cold." She shivered. "Lance," she said tiredly, "can you sleep here tonight?"

Lance went red, but luckily for him, it was too dark for Pidge to notice.

"Erm, w-why?" Lance almost squeaked.

"It's cold." Pidge deadpanned, moving around in her bed, trying to get warmer.

Lance smiled, a sort of tender and a warm smile that he usually doesn't do often. "Sure." he said, climbing onto the bed, squishing in next to Pidge.

"I've got a lot of room with how small you are." Lance lightly teased.

"Shut up..." Pidge mumbled sleepily.

And before Lance had the chance to say goodnight, she fell asleep. Lance stared at her, completely distracted for a minute. She was so cute and angelic when she was sleeping.

He almost instinctively put an arm around her, snuggling up close to her.

And just like that, Lance and Pidge fell asleep with soft smiles on their faces.