The Kiss Of Dawn

CHAPTER TWENTY

"Aaahhh! "Sharon screamed in pain beside Swayam in the car making him panic.

They were on their way towards the hospital and with every scream of Sharon, Swayam was losing control on himself. He drove as fast as one could maintaining the safety of a nine month pregnant lady.

"We are almost there Sharon!" He tried to reassure her as sweat dropped from his forehead.

"It's Crazy. I can't take it! Aaahhh!" Sharon cried as Swayam stopped the car outside the hospital doors.

"We are here. Don't worry. Just hang in there!" He took Sharon in his arms and moved inside.

"Swayammm!" Sharon cried as tears came out of her eyes and the doctors took her inside the operation theatre. He felt she wanted to say something but there was no time.

********************

"Swayam, how is she?" Gautam came running towards him after a few minutes and he looked at him to see a father's worried face.

"Well they took her inside. It's been ten minutes now." He replied looking at the door of operation theatre already.

"She was screaming in pain Dad! She will be fine right?" Swayam looked at him worried like hell.

His innocent concern even after whatever transpired between him and Sharon in the home a few minutes ago melted Gautam's heart. He without thinking anything else hugged him tightly patting his back.

"Don't worry! Your Sharon and your child both will be as fine as you would want to see them!"

Child. His child! He was so messed up in the happenings that his mind was only covered with Sharon, it was like it finally dawned on him that he didn't bring Sharon here just like that. She was inside delivering their baby. She was bringing his child to life. The feeling overwhelmed his heart as it started thudding with a noise which he thought could be heard by the entire hospital without the stethoscope.

He suddenly wished to see Sharon. He wanted to be beside her as her screams from the car filled his ears. His eyes welled up as he thought about the pain Sharon would have been going through. Gautam kept his hand on Swayam's shoulders and Swayam smiled lightly at him.

**************

It was around after two hours that the door of the operation theatre opened. Swayam was heaving in panic and fear and excitement. There were so many emotions rushing through himy that he thought he would choke up. He rushed towards the doctor as he came up to him.

"How's Sharon, doctor???"

"Well, Congratulations. You have a daughter now." The doctor smiled as Swayam's eyes poured tears not able to keep the emotions in check.

"Daughter? My daughter?" Swayam repeated the words smiling to let the feeling sink in as he realized he was a father now.

"And doctor Sharon???? She is fine right???" He asked suddenly as concern grabbed him again.

"Yes Swayam, Sharon is fine too. The nurses are just cleaning the baby. You can see both of them in a few minutes."Yeah?"The doctor informed and Swayam just nodded his head vigorously not able to keep his excitement hidden anymore.