Chapter nineteen - Dresses.

By the end of the week everything was sorted out. John and Mary will be joining us to the party, and Sherlock told his parents they could baby sit Amelia instead of him and Mycroft attending a museum tour.

The party was in two days and I didn't even own one single dress, as dresses weren't really my area. Mary however, offered to take me out dress shopping so I didn't have to go alone- which also meant, as she quoted, 'Girly time.'

"So as I was saying, John is utterly useless at changing nappy's. I thought he would be good at it, you know? But he can't even wrap a dirty nappy up, he just chucks them into the bin and then it starts to smell." She rolls her eyes in disgust, still keeping her eyes on the road as she was driving, "Did Sherlock change her nappy when you looked after her for the night?"

"Are you kidding? Of course he didn't." I chuckle, "But it would be interesting. I'm not sure whether he would master it or be rubbish. You know how he's like, he wants to be good at everything."

"Even changing nappy's, in this situation."

I laugh, "Yeah, even that."

She laughs, then quietens down. She goes to say something but hesitates. I was about to ask what was wrong, but she finally decides to speak after a couple of seconds, "I don't mean to be rude, but it was never made official and I was just curious. Are you and Sherlock dating?"

I'm not really surprised at her question. "Yeah."

Her face falls, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know, It just didn't seem worth telling. I was confused at the start because I didn't even know we were dating, and sometimes he doesn't act like we're dating; but we are, and now you know so you can tell John and everyone so i don't have to answer it again."

"Sorry," She smiles, and starts to pull up in an empty car parking space, "So what's he like? I know you said he doesn't act like you're dating sometimes but what's he like when he does?"

I shrug, "He's just... Sherlock. I think he just tell's me how he feels without keeping it all in like he normally does. I'm not sure if he loves me or if he just needs to keep sane, because he manipulated Janine and Molly a lot, so he could be doing that to me, right?"

"Listen to me, I've seen him around Janine and even when she thought he liked her you could tell he didn't, and when he's around you it's different, even Janine noticed. He acted like a proper boyfriend with Janine, and he doesn't with you so obviously he's not trying to use or impress you, he's comfortable around you. So don't be silly, and if you still feel that way then maybe you should speak to Sherlock about it?" She suggests, finally deciding to  get out of the car. I follow her actions and shut the car door behind me. She locks her car then we start walking towards the shopping center.

"Maybe, I swear he thinks I can't do anything work related. I've been through hell, and he doesn't think I can handle being bate because I could 'hurt myself'."

"Bate?"

"I thought it would be quicker to capture the guy we're after if I could be the woman he's after, because you and the others will be following me to make sure I'm fine, and it saves us looking around at random women, which there will be tuns."

She frowns with sympathy, "True, it would be quicker, and I know you can handle yourself. But anyway-" She points at a shop, "Enough about boy's, lets go shopping!"

She takes my hand and drags me into a posh dress shop, "I swear, for someone who was basically a ninja you can be so girly."

"Actually I was an assassin, get it right, bitch."

I laugh, "Damn girl, just pick a dress."

"Okay, well, first of all we should find one that we could run in, just in case." She says, looking at the dresses thoughtfully, and I nod in agreement, "I defiantly want a red one."

I look at all the dresses, they all looked weird. Some we're nice, but they would look hideous on me. "Do they have to be puffy?"

"God no, they just need to be cute. It's a party in 2014, half the people there will be wearing fancy dresses that expose their butt. It's doesn't need to be long or puffy, but don't have it too short, just like, normal length."

"So...It can be any dress?"

"No, it still needs to be classy, so no summer dresses, and we need a mask."

"You're better at this than I thought."

She smiles at me, "Thanks, now pick a dress."

I roll my eyes, and start looking through them all.