Part 1

Arnav was pacing the lenght of room. Frustration showed from his every move. His eyes were lined with tears, face void of any emotions. His shoulders were slightly shaking after seeing the scene before him.

Suddenly feeling tired, Arnav slumped on the sofa in the living room. He was aware of the eyes that were stuck upon him.

Chotte. He heard Nani's voice which brought him out of his reverie.

He looked up to see the old lady standing close to him. She brought forward her hand and gently placed it on his shoulder.

How's Anjali bitiya now?? Her voice came out like a whisper. Constant crying and no rest at this age was taking a toll on her health.

Better. He whispered back.

Humne kabhi nai socha tha k Anjali bitiya aisi harkat karen vi. Wo apne hi bache ko- Nani failed to complete her sentence as tears fell more rapidly on her wrinkled face. (I didn't think that Anjali will do something like this. She will do that to her own baby-)

HHBB, Sasuma, ye sb hamari Anjali bitiya ne nai kiya. Is sb ki zimadar phati sari hai. All eyes shot towards Manorama Mami. Arnav gritted his teeth and fisted his palms to not lose control. (All this is not done by Anjali. Actual culprit is Phati Saree)

Payal lowered her eyes as she knew about Khushi's interference. Tears fell from her eyes.

Jab sab ne usse kaha tha k Anjali bitiya k paas nai jao, us k samne nai ao tu phir aisi kya zaroorat pari thi phati saree ko k wo us k kamre mein gaye?? (When everyone told her not to go near Anjali, to not come in front of her than what was the need to go in her room?)

Arnav gulped and averted his eyes to look for Khushi but she was nowhere to be seen.

Pata nai usne Anjali se aisa kya keh diya k baat yahan tk phnch gi!! Mami continued as no one interrupted her. (Don't know what she said to Anjali that it lead to this situation!!)

Bs karo, Manorama. Jo dil mein aa rha hai bole ja rhi ho. Khushi bitiya is ghar ki bari bahu hai, wo kyn kuch ghalat chahe gi Anjali bitiya ka?? Nani chided her. (Stop it, Manorama. You are speaking whatever comes in your mind. Khushi is DIL of this house. Why would she want harm for Anjali?)

Devyani, ye jo bhi keh rhi hai, sach hai. Dadi said gaining everyone's attention. Hum sb ne dekha tha us ko Anjali k paas jate hoi, aur phir Anjali ne ye sb kuch kiya. Tumhe kya lagta hai, wo kyn gai ho gi Anjali paas?? Hamein tu wo larki pehle din se hi napasand hai. Dadi flared her nose. (Devyani, whatever she is saying is true. We all saw her going towards Anjali. And then Anjali did all this. What do you think? Why would she go to Anjali? I don't like that girl from the first day!)

Aur tum log us ko jante hi kitna ho jo us ki baton pe bharosa kar k apne damad ko ghar se nikal diya. Dadi glared at Arnav and Nani. (and since when you know her that listening to her, you threw your own SIL)

Kya pata us ne khud hi damadji ko apne jaal mein phasane ki koshish ki ho!! (who knows maybe she herself lured him in her charms)

Wese bhi in middle class larkiyon se kisi aur baat ki umeed rkhi bhi nai ja skti. Dadi's glare now was on Payal who felt herself in desert all of a sudden. (anyways, what could we expect from middle class girls other than this)

All they want is money, even if they have to warm-

Arnav suddenly stood up from his place, unable to tolerate her next words.

Before anyone could stop him, he marched towards staircase, taking long strides.

Raizada family stood there unable to swallow the latest accusations.