Episode 1: 2/3

The only reasons why I even meddle in ghost or demon matters are because I need the money (even though my bank is loaded with tons of them), and I hate the supernatural, especially those who want to kill me. I wish they will disappear permanently from the world, but most of all I wish that I didn't have to see those things. I don't have a choice though.

My life is already terrible to begin with so I want to die ASAP, but not under a supernatural condition. I hate ghosts and demons. I had once promised myself that I will never die under the hands of a ghost or demon, and I plan to never break that promise.

That's how much I hate them.

"The thing is, there have been complaints of that door opening and closing without warning," Yeon whispers to me as she leads me to the apartment. "The couple can't sleep because it just keeps going in the middle of the night." The corner of her lips twitch. "They said they would pay us a generous amount of money if we solve the problem."

I sigh. Another ghost problem, huh?

We enter the empty house and walk into the room Yeon was talking about. As if it is welcoming us, the closet door creaks open just slightly, making Yeon yap.

"T-that's creepy as hell..."

I open my handbag and grab a handful of beans. "It's coming out soon. You should wait outside." Yeon quickly leaves the room and I take one step closer to the closet. "Anyone in there?"

The closet door suddenly slams shut, causing me to jump. I reach out to open the closet when something shoots out through the door and grabs me. I gasp, trying to resist the strength of the ghost and start throwing beans at its hand. It screams, letting me go and I fall on my elbow hard.

"Ouch! What the hell is your problem?" I yell, irritated due to the lack of sleep. This ghost is wasting my time, hiding in that comfort zone. I pick myself up, rubbing at my bruised elbow and scowl at the closet. "Stop hiding in there and come out." When there is no response, I frown. "Bloody hell! I'm being forced by the heavens to do crap like this...Yeon! I need to go home!" I shout angrily.

"Are you done with the ghost?"

"No, but I need to walk my dog!"

"You can't! You're my last hope! I'm not letting you leave until you help me!"

I grimace, glaring at the closet door. "Quit hiding in there any longer. Don't be a bloody coward." I grit my teeth so hard I swear I can hear them crack. It is sort of ironic, for I am the same as this ghost. Always hiding. Always cowardly.

For a second, nothing happens. Then a ghost head peeks out of the closet door. "I'm sorry but I really can't get out of here. I'm stuck..."

I stare at the ghost before opening the door to see an extremely long neck with the ghost's body parts tangled up together. I sigh, realising that I had been jumping into assumptions, and kneel down to untangle them. When I am done, the ghost looks happy.

"Finally I'm free! Thank you so much!" The ghost squeaks.

"What happened in there?" I ask out of curiosity.

The ghost scratches its long neck in embarrassment. "Well I committed suicide in there by hanging because I was tired of my life. But when I tried to leave, I got knotted up..."

I almost giggle but manage to maintain a straight face. "So you're not an evil spirit?"

It shakes its head as its neck wobbles. "I'm not. I had been trying to leave this place but the door wouldn't open..."

Huh. So this ghost tried to escape the closet and got stuck. It then opened and closed the door repeatedly to see if the door would finally give way. I nod. "I see. Do you have any regrets?"