Chp.5

Annabeth's POV:

I was starting to wonder why the kind Jason became so jealous. I decided to think over it while eating dinner.

We sat down to eat and I noticed kind of lightness in Jason's eyes. His eyes were more blue and less gray.

He looked calm and poised.
More like himself. Kind, helpful and definitely NOT jealous.

The first impression of him I had was of someone who has power, strength and definitely the brains.

He also proved himself in all 3 these categories through the quest. Furthermore, I had never seen him act out of jealousy even if he felt it.

Which if he even did, I'm sure he'd make sure it wouldn't reflect in his actions and words!

He was a very nice guy.

I really couldn't believe it was the same guy who spoke to Seaweed Brain like that!

I dined on my cheese burger and tried to decipher the problem.

I'd never seen him so jealous.
He was never jealous of anyone, it was mostly the other way around.

I'd have to think about that.

As I ate, I kept an eye on him. He looked dazed and was clearly tired and also confused of the day's events.
It was written in his eyes.

After dinner, which I couldn't focus on, I asked Jason if he could join me in my room.

Leo patted his back, as he left to meet his dragon Festus.

Frank gave him a thumbs up and Hazel smiled at him and also told him not to worry, hoping to reduce his sadness.

He looked hesitant for a second before he smiled and followed me into my room.

Piper's eyes traced me and I nodded at her and she smiled back giving me a thumbs up.

If she believed that I could find the root of this problem, I did not intend to let her down.

I lead him into my minimalist room.

"Do sit, Jason." I smiled encouragingly.

"Thanks Annabeth... I wanted to sought you out before, but I thought you would have been mad because- because of what I said earlier." He looked down clearly upset.

"Hey, Jason. It's okay." I reassured him.

"But I'm glad you asked me to come, at least that way you can try and solve this."

Then I began the questionnaire.

"It was not your fault." I tell him earnestly. "There is some mind game behind this. Of course I suspect our Queen Dirtface. We just have to figure it out. So let's begin simple. What did you feel? On the basis of emotions and actions?"

"I really don't know. My mouth kept spewing unnecessary and hurtful information but my brain kept telling it not to...which my mouth ignored! Basically my mouth wanted him to feel bad but my brain didn't."

There was something wrong here.

"Go on, please. I need more information to extract an explanation from." I gesture him to continue.

"I'll tell you what I felt most odd about. The whole time there was a very weird feeling when I spoke. It was like someone took a damp, ice cold cloth and placed it behind my neck-"

Gods of Olympus.

"-And I felt like someone with a cold breath was breathing on my neck. Like they had a box of mints or something." He explained.

"Well, you've landed me to a conclusion." I muttered. "Not a good one though."

"As long it's not me." He replied relieved, but nervous.

"It's most definitely not you. Call the rest, we have ghosts to find." I say looking at the doorway.

He nodded, alarmed, and goes right, while I go left.

As soon as I called a meeting in the dining hall everyone knew something was up, even Coach looked weary and apprehensive.

"Hand me that wrench Valdez. I will take down this monster." Coach nagged at Leo.

"Hush, Coach. Let Annabeth speak." Leo quietened him.

I shot him an appreciative look. Thanks Valdez.

I looked at Jason and said, "It was not your fault. What happened in the morning was due to... Eidolons."

Everyone sucked their breaths and all of a sudden a spirit hissed through Leo.

It was not too terrifying because he was wearing a cardboard that read 'Dunce Cap'. Wonder why?

"The child of Athena is wise, but we shall succeed." Leo hissed.

"Step out and never return to this ship," Piper said her eyes gleaming with rage.

They resisted for a long time and even led Frank to slap Leo, to ward it off, but after a little more persuasion they seemed dazed and slid out.

Leo fell face front on the wooden table.

I could guess due to the movements of the curtains and thuds on the walls, that they were leaving.

Piper double checked with her charmspeak but all it did was make Leo walk to the door.

So they had cleared out.

Thank the Gods.

"Pheeew," Frank sighed.

We all were so relieved, especially Jason. He deserved it, considering it wasn't his fault at all.

"They must have been dead souls who were offered a good price, to turn us on each other, from Gaia." Hazel said.

To that Leo added with a nervous grin, "At least it wasn't actually Jason."

Percy fist bumped Jason.

We all walked into our rooms hoping for a peaceful, dreamless night for once and relieved that Jason was not possessed or actually jealous!

Just wanted to tell that Jason would NEVER be jealous, he's a great guy!

And, thanks for reading it!! 🖤