v - Other Plans

// Past //

Barely a day had gone by since Harry said his goodbye to Azalea. Since then, he went back to the hotel and tried to sleep, without success. He kept hearing her voice and her laugh. Her big brown eyes haunted him and kept him awake. He had barely spent two hours with her and he couldn't keep her out of his head. The worst part was that all these little things only reminded him that he would probably never see her again.

So the next morning, it was no surprise that he was feeling very grouchy. He didn't greet anyone when he arrived at the studio, heading straight to the couch at the back of the room. The lack of sleep was only making things worst.

From a distance, Niall looked at his friends. He thought things were going okay yesterday between Harry and Azalea. He saw them talking a lot and they both seemed very at ease, laughing and smiling at one another. Apparently, Niall had misjudged the situation.

He went over to his friend who didn't even look up. Niall rested his hand on Harry's shoulder, trying to bring him comfort. It wasn't like Harry to be affected so deeply by a girl, after all he barely knew her, but he didn't say anything. He knew that Harry was in a bad mood and that criticizing him could end up with a broken nose.

"If you want to talk about it..." Niall said with a soft voice. Harry nodded, interrupting Niall. He didn't need to hear more, he knew that his friend was always there for him.
"Could you just... not tell the others?" Harry asked him.

The last thing he needed was to have his friends ask him questions about it. He was ashamed that a girl he barely knew had such an impact on his mood but he couldn't help it.

"Of course," Niall answered without hesitation. He gave him a small smile before getting up and leaving Harry alone.

For the first time yesterday, Harry wished he could live up to his reputation. He wished he was the confident guy that could get any girl that he wanted, but truth is, he wasn't like that. It was one thing to act confident, it was another to be confident. Sure he was charming and polite but he always got so nervous whenever he had to talk to girls he liked.

The other boys came in, loud as always. Harry tried to get rid of his bad mood to avoid questions but as soon as they saw him, they stopped talking and looked at Harry with concern.

"You okay mate?" Zayn asked Harry.
He nodded. "Yeah... I-uh," he started to say, only to be interrupted by Niall.
"I brought him to a pub yesterday, he drank quite a bit. He's just a little hangover."
"Yeah, exactly," Harry went along, silently thanking Niall for his help.
"Did Niall challenge you to a drinking game again?" Liam laughed and playfully shoved Niall who laughed along with him.
"Yeah, and he lost."

Harry shot a look at Niall, unhappy with his explanation. Niall raised his shoulder with a smug smile as to say 'if I'm going to cover up your ass, I might as well have some fun with it '. Harry rolled his eyes at his friend before getting up from the sofa and joining everyone.

The rest of the day, the boys worked on some songs, finalizing the ones they had already recorded and writing new lyrics. To Harry's despair, Liam, Louis and Zayn were all in steady relationships, so most of the songs they wrote that day were about happy relationships. It was as if the universe wanted to mock him. He went along with it, mostly suggesting twists like ' in the end, the girl leaves' or 'she never liked him in the first place' but the boys kept rejecting his ideas.

Harry would usually never be affected this way by the boys' happiness. Quite the opposite, he was glad that his friends had girlfriends and that they were happy. But today, he was mostly jealous. He wished he had someone to cuddle with at the end of the day, to occupy his every thought and to make him weak in the knees. Harry wanted someone that he would love with all of his heart and he somehow wanted that someone to be Azalea. But it seemed like life had other plans for him.

The day went by slowly. Almost every ten minutes, Harry would look at the clock, hoping that it would be time to leave. When it finally was, he gathered his stuff and walked out of the studio with his band mates. While they all talked about their work in the studio, Harry stared out of the window. Once they arrived at the hotel, he stayed silent and followed everyone to the restaurant. Even if he wasn't in the mood to hang with his friends he was still hungry.
He sat at the end of the table, next to Niall and in front of Liam. They all ordered what they wanted and kept going on their conversation.

"What are you guys doing during the week off?" Liam asked everyone.

Harry raised his shoulder, playing with his glass of water. He had no idea what he was going to do for the next five days. He would probably fly back to London and see some of his friends. He didn't really know, but he didn't care.

"I'll probably relax and enjoy some time with Eleanor." Louis answered.
"I'm staying here for a couple of days," Niall stated, "an old friend of mine is here with a group of friends and I'm showing them around tomorrow."

Harry's head shot up in Niall's direction. Was he talking about Azalea and her friends? For the first time since he had said goodbye to Azalea, he started to believe he could see her again.

"Who?" Harry asked.
"Err- Aiden and his friends," Niall carefully said.

He expected Harry to be upset with him for seeing them again, especially Azalea, so he was really surprised to see his friend smile widely at him.

"Really?" Harry asked, his eyes glimmering with hope.
Niall was surprise with Harry's reaction. "Yeah."
"Can I come with you?"

Niall blinked a couple of times. He didn't think Harry would want to come with him. After yesterday's event, he thought things had went wrong between Harry and Azalea, but again, Harry never told him what happened. The more Niall thought about it, the more it became obvious to him. Harry wouldn't have been this upset if the girl had simply turned out to be a bitch or something. He liked her, that's why he was acting so weird today.

It's so obvious now, Niall thought to himself.

He literally wanted to hit himself in the face hard for assuming things. If he would have known earlier, Niall could've avoided Harry's bad mood last night. He didn't like to see his friend this way and now that he knew, he was more than happy to help him out.

"Of course," Niall replied to Harry.

Harry's mood took a complete turn. Instead of being defeatist, he was now determined and hopeful. Tomorrow was his second chance and this time he wouldn't miss it. He would get her number. He didn't quite know how he would achieve that, or if she would even give it to him, but Harry was determined to at least try.

Niall looked at his friend from the corner of his eye. He was grateful that his friend had his smile back and that he was a small part of it. He also made a mental note to clear things up with Harry. He didn't want to misinterpret thing like he did last night. He wanted to talk things over and help his friend as much as he could, because Niall believed that Harry deserved it.

For so long, Harry had been single and he never really found someone that meant a lot to him. He did see some girls here and there, but everyone knew that it wasn't serious and Niall wanted to see Harry happy and in love. He knew his friend, more than anyone else. He knew Harry wasn't like everyone portrayed him. He wasn't a womanizer and he wasn't a jerk. Harry was a sweet and fun guy with a huge heart that deserved love. And if Harry thought that Azalea was the one that could provide it for him, than Niall would do everything in his power to help him.

As everyone finished their food, they all headed to their rooms. Zayn, Louis and Liam all had a plane to catch pretty early in the morning so they didn't want to go to sleep too late.
As Harry opened his door to his room, he saw Niall coming towards him in the corner of his eyes. He turned to him with a smile.

"Want to come in?" he asked his friend.
"Yeah, I'd like to talk about tomorrow."

Harry looked at Niall confused and stepped aside to let him in. Niall went to the window and crossed his arm over his chest. Harry followed and sat on the small sofa in his room.

"What happened yesterday with the girl?" Niall asked before Harry could say anything.
"What do you mean?"
"Well I assumed that you were upset because she wasn't like you thought she was or that you didn't get along with her, but you want to see her again, which means that I got it wrong."

Harry didn't say anything for a while. Looking away from Niall who sat down in the chair in front of Harry.

"It's quite the opposite actually," Harry softly said, "She was better than I thought she was. We didn't talk much but she was so sweet and funny."

He sighed before looking up at Niall. Harry was so embarrassed to share this with Niall because he knew that his reaction was probably exaggerated, that liking someone the way he did after only a couple of hours was irrational, but he told him anyway because he trusted him.

"I liked her a lot, and I feel like we got along perfectly. What gutted me was the idea that I was never going to see her again."

Niall nodded, now he understood.

"But now I get to have some sort of second chance with her." He smiled softly. "I'm not going to lie, I'm so nervous about it because I want her to like me, you know?"
"She will, Harry." Niall reassured him. "I'll try and help you as much as I can."
"Thanks mate. I owe you one."

Niall laughed and got up from his seat.

"You do," he said as he lightly hit Harry on the shoulder. "I'll see you tomorrow Haz. We're meeting them for lunch."

Harry nodded and Niall left his room.
He waited a couple of seconds to make sure that Niall was gone and stood next to his bed. Once the realization that he was going to see Azalea again tomorrow sunk in, Harry let himself fall on his bed and silently laughed.

.
.
.

A/N : Hiii guys! I know this is short but I hope you liked it anyway :) Please tell me what you think about this story so far !
Don't forget to vote and comment
I love you all so much, and thank you for taking the time to read this
Karry xx.