Chapter 28

Chris had a few weeks of down time before leaving for Atlanta to film. He wanted to do something big for Belle before he left. A surprise of some sort. Noticing her anxiety and stress he came up with the perfect idea.

With Allie's help and with permission from Hutch to have a few days off Chris planned a trip to get them out of town for a long weekend.

It was a Thursday evening and Belle was waiting on Chris to arrive at her home for what she thought was just a normal night.

"Grab your shoes." He gave her a mischievous grin.

"Why?" She gave him a look, "I already took Killen out."

"Grab Killen to. Make sure you bring your purse and phone."

"Where are we going?" Belle raised an eyebrow.

"On a trip."

Belle burst out laughing. "I can't go on a trip! I have to work tomorrow! And I would need to pack."

"Allie packed your bag. And you're off till Tuesday."

"Are you serious right now?" Belle stopped laughing.

Chris nodded with that same devilish grin.

"Hutch knows?" Belle still looked unsure.

"Yes, I promise you he knows. He gave his blessing for a few days off. Don't get mad at me."

"Mad at you?!" Belle repeated.

"Yeah for talking to Hutch and getting you some time off."

"I'm not mad. I'm shocked......we're leaving right now?"

"Yes grab your stuff, I'll get Killen. If we don't leave now we will miss our flight!"

"OUR FLIGHT?"

4 hours later they were touching down in Seattle where they then took a smaller plane from Seattle to the island in Washington where Chris's farm was. It was late when they finally got to his farm house, but Belle couldn't contain her excitement. Killen was pretty excited to and took off to explore even though it was dark and late. Dragging Killen inside Belle turned to Chris.

"I can't believe you brought me here. It's beautiful."

Chris smiled warmly, "I'm so glad you think so. Wait till tomorrow. You're going to love it here. And the best part – it's just you and me." He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"That is the best part." Belle kissed his neck softly.

Killen barked interrupting them making Belle laugh. "Ok Killen and you to!"

The next morning, they slept in till almost 10:00. Rare and unusual for both of them they lazily laid in bed till the need for coffee became too overwhelming.

Taking their coffee, they sat out on the front porch. Belle took a blanket with her and covered them both up on the porch swing.

"It's chilly here." She chattered taking a sip of coffee hoping to warm herself up.

"It'll warm up later in the day but it's nothing like LA." He rubbed her legs under the blankets.

"What are we going to do today?" Belle's eyes had a hint of excitement to them.

"I was thinking.....fishing."

"Fishing?" She wrinkled her nose at first but then said thoughtfully, "Ok...I've never been though."

"Never? Never ever?" Chris's jaw dropped open.

"Never ever." She confirmed.

"You will love it. And then I can make you a fabulous dinner."

"I may never want to go home."

"That's the idea." He winked at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by prattprattpratt, MsAllieDonovan and 8,995 others

RealBellsHarperLA: Killen is all about that fishing life. #HethoughtItWasAStick

View all 922 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a day full of fishing, Chris fileted up the fish and they had a romantic dinner finished by an evening walk. They took Killen's tennis ball and took turns with the 'Chuck-it' stick flinging it as far as they could watching Killen race to get it. Chris threw the ball with ease while Belle took a little more effort causing Chris to laugh as every time she flung it she would hop.

"This is perfect." Belle leaned back against Chris's chest. He wrapped his arms around her as the sun sunk down below the horizon leaving behind an orange-red fiery sky.

"It's so peaceful isn't it?" Chris tightened his arms around her. "One day I won't have to leave here. This will be my home."

"That sounds amazing."

"Hopefully one day it will be your home to." He looked down at her before kissing her.

"I love you Christopher Michael Pratt." She mumbled against his lips.

"I love you more Belle Elisabeth Harper."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by RealBellsHarperLA and 850,112 others

prattprattpratt my current view.

view all 4,025 comments