Introduction

My biggest fear in life is being forgotten. Not forgotten as in left behind, but forgotten as in unremembered as person after I'm gone. The idea that I provided so little to the world I was living in that when I left it was as if I was never there. I do not necessarily need to have my name in history books, but I want to provide an impact on people's lives that will then be carried throughout generations. I want to influence people to do the things they love and what makes them happy. When I die, I want to know that I will be remembered by some type of legacy that I have created for myself throughout my life.

The ideas of happiness and laughter are two of the things I value most in my life. The moments with my friends when I laugh so hard it makes my stomach hurt, or the amount of joy that rushes through my body when I see a picture of Harry Styles. They seem like such simple things to experience, but having also been through a time where happiness was hard to find, I have learned to appreciate the good times as they come. If I look at life with a positive outlook and find things that make me genuinely happy, it gives me a sense of fulfillment.

These fears, ideas, and values influence not only how I see the world, but also how I find meaning in my life. If I can provide the things that I value, such as joy and laughter, to other people, then I feel as though I am fulfilling a purpose. My life becomes meaningful when I make other people happy because I feel as though I am making a big impact on their life. For example, the video linked above has provided me with a strong idea of meaning within my own life. The video was posted by well-known Viner, Brandon Calvillo, after the app announced that it was shutting down. This video not only shows the legacy that Vine left behind, but also the happiness and laughter it provided for its users. The legacy, laughs, and memories that Vine provided as represented in the video parallels the ideas and emotions that I wish to leave behind to not be forgotten.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: "The End of Vine." YouTube, uploaded by Brandon Calvillo, 30 October 2016, m/watch?v=_46MZtRXR9g&t=82s.

Word Count: 387 words