Chapter 1

Blade stretched out trying to relieve the kink in his neck. The last few hours had been spent reading over 100 years of his new packs history. He had been lost in pages of his ancestors words.
Rising from his chair, he walked to the glass doors that separated the office to the formal gardens of the Alpha house.
He could see the swingset his uncle had built for him and his twin brother Thorn when they visited as kids and wondered if his sons would one day visit here and play too.

Over the last two years he had reflected a lot on his failed attempt at marriage and fatherhood. He was grateful that the moon goddess had paired his wife Bree with his twin who had accepted their children as his own. If it had been another wolf he may have rejected her for having another wolves pups.

Blade had been a screw up for a long time. Now he was trying to make good under the mentoring of his Uncle and Alpha Andrew. He was determined to do right by his pack and learn everything he could to be the Alpha they deserved when Uncle Andrew steps down.

With his determination renewed Blade sat back down and picked up another tome.

************************************

"Tessa it's almost time are you all packed?" Tessa's mum and Luna of the pack called.
"Yeah mum. Can you please tell me again why I am coming? I had to cancel a job interview because of this" Tess grumbled back.
"This is an important day for your brother, your father is introducing him to the council as his chosen successor".
"Mum as happy as I am for him it doesn't change the facts. I am not wolf and I am pretty sure this is supposed to be a human free shindig"

As much as Tessa loved her Mum, stepdad and half siblings she had always felt out of place. She couldn't share in things like the runs and communicate through a mindlink.
Her mum had hoped and prayed one of the guys she had grown up with would be her mate and she could change like her mother had. Unfortunately it wasn't the case and after a long period of feeling depressed and lost, Tessa had ventured out into human society and found a place amongst her own kind.
She had gone to university, dated human men, got recently graduated as a qualified psychologist.

Little did she know her stepdad had plans for her to use her qualifications within the werewolf community. And this week she was to be introduced to the council to join the national health team to address the increasing risk of wolves with issues exposing their existence to humans.

Dragging her suitcase down the stairs of the packhouse she was stopped by a her 12 year old brother who easily lifted the case up.
"Thanks Casey" she sighed embarrassed that her little brother already was taller and stronger than her despite being half her age.

"There's my Princess" her stepdad Rick Torrent called out as she followed her brother out the house. Despite the fact they she wasn't his daughter by blood, not even the same species he had always claimed her as is own. Going as far to adopt her under human laws. She was a part of his beautiful mate Julie.
As Alpha his job was to defend and lead his pack along the right path, even when that pack member was his human baby girl. He still believed Tessa was a wolfmate and this job would expose her to all the Australian packs.

Squished in the backseat of the family four wheel drive between her Casey and her 15 year old brother Tyson was not the way Tessa would of prefered to travel.
"Isn't this nice" her mum commented with enthusiasm. "I've missed us all being together as a family".
"It sure is hunny. It's been way too long" Rick answered throwing a glare at the sullen kids in the backseat through the rear vision mirror.
Catching the glare Tessa sighed "I have missed you all heaps mum, but I more used to being the one driving these days, plus the boys have grown a lot since then".

"I can see that. Maybe we should hire a seven seater for the drive back" Julie suggested noticing the lack of space between her childrens laps.

"They'll be fine hunny it's only a few hours" Rick replied. Then laughed at the responding groans from the back seat.