Ignorance is Bliss

Harry startled awake. His face was wet with tears. Had that been a memory, or a dream? A memory, definitely a memory. It had been too real to be a dream, and too... Painful.

     He was holding Louis in his arms, his back still pressed against his chest. Not just that, but their whole bodies were curved into each other. Harry's mind, along with all his new memories, went blank. Louis' steady breathing showed that he was still asleep, and Harry had to force himself to keep from shuddering from the sheer pleasure of the contact. He couldn't help himself, couldn't stop himself like he had the night before.

     He pressed his lips against the side of Louis' neck, just a chaste kiss, just a touch. He pull away and his breathing was deep, and he was becoming very... Aroused. Harry pulled Louis closer to him, gently, and resisted the urge to rub his crotch against Louis' delicious looking backside.

     The same vulgur thoughts that tempted him woke him up the rest of the way, like cold water to the face. How much more disgusting could he get, practically molesting the boy while he slept?

     Harry didn't was to wake up Louis, so he didn't jump up like he wanted to. He lay there, his arms around Louis, pulling away slightly to try to control himself. What was wrong with him now? Hadn't he told these thoughts to fuck off, to go to hell so he could just fucking remember everything?

     A ringing filled the air, and Harry was saved from his poisonous thoughts by the phone. He grabbed it off the bedside table, and though he knew he'd never seen a cellphone like it before, he knew how to work it. Odd.

     "Hello?" Harry's voice came out rough, and he cleared away the lump in his throat and tried again, with more success.

     "Haz," Liam's voice came over the line, "is Louis up? Put me on speaker." By then, Louis had woken up, and Harry switched the phone so they could both talk to Liam.

     "Hey, Li," Louis' sleepy, dreamy voice spoke. "Why the hell did you wake us up?" They heard Liam's chuckle on the other side.

     "We're supposed to see Management today, for Harry, of course, and for Niall now, too. They want to talk about the accidents." Liam tried to keep the worry out of his voice, Harry could tell, but he failed. Management. The people who controlled the lives of One Direction.

     "Do we have to?" sleepy Louis complained. The whining was absolutely adorable; Harry thought his heart was going to burst from his chest.

     "Louis," Liam chastised. He didn't have to say anything else to get Louis to say, "Fine, what time?"

     "Three hours," Liam said. "Get ready. It's gonna be... Intense."

     After that the boys went and had a late breakfast. Louis told him about how he was supposed to act when he talked to Management, what he was supposed to say. If he got angry with them and let them know about it, there could be reprocussions. They had to walk on eggshells.

     Louis helped Harry clean up after breakfast, and he was cheery and chatty the whole time. It had taken Harry near a half hour to remember that Louis had no clue what had happened the morning, or of his memory last night.

     They had an hour to go when Harry decided that he'd better tell Louis.

     "Louis?" Harry asked hesitantly. He had no idea what to say.

     "Harry?" Louis' voice was almost amused.

     "I... Remember Germany. Sort of." The smile ran away from Louis' face, and the look in his eyes was a mixture of hope and fear.