Chapter 3

Your POV

I woke up to feel a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist, and began having a small panic attack. I didn't know where I was or who this strange, but handsome, man was. Then, it came back to me. I smiled softly, and was able to see how adorable Kili was while he slept. He had a slight case of bedhead, a small scruffy beard, and the smile that portrayed innocence. He had, from just when I met him, seemed like the more childlike brother, but I couldn't help being attracted to him. He had the most beautiful caramel brown eyes, I would've looked into them all day, if they were open anyway. I smiled and rolled over and sat up. I took in the beautiful scenery that was kind of hard to appreciate when being bombarded by trolls.

I changed into my outfit for the day, which consisted of a short sleeved beige top, with the top button undone, a pair of khakis, and some grey hiking boots, and sat near the camp. I continued to observe the campground, I could hear the birds, see the shaking tees, the company running around wildly, wait. I immediately shot up, but relaxed when Gandalf said that it was just Radagast the Brown. I scolded myself for being so jumpy. Radagast told us of the incoming threat, and distracted them, while we ran for our lives. Kili and I were sitting just inches apart from each other against the rock, when he decided to try to kill the warg sitting just above us. Before I could do anything, he had already pulled his arrow back on his bow, and released. He had hit the warg, but unfortunately, it let out a screech, and its fellow wargs began running towards us. I thought we were goners, until Gandalf, who I thought had abandoned us, popped up out of nowhere, and bellowed, "This way you fools!" We immediately ran for him, and jumped into the hole he was standing near at the last second, and discovered that the elves had saved us. Thorin scowled and began accusing Gandalf of setting us up. I sighed as we entered Rivendell, knowing Thorin, this wasn't going to go well. 

Lord Elrond invited us to dinner, and while the dwarves complained about the salad, I ate it happily. Salads had been one of my favorite 6th lunches back at home. Lord Elrond gave me a weak and exasperated smile. That was when the dwarves decided they didn't like the elves music, and began singing their own. If you think this was the worst thing they did here, you are far from right. You do NOT want to stumble across dwarves bathing in the fountain, it's disgusting. Later that evening, Lord Elrond helped us with the map that Thorin had, and we figured out that to read it, we had to read it in the moonlight at the exact same time of the same day and moon phase that it was written, and luckily enough, it was that night. Now we knew that we had to get to the mountain by Durin's day, or else.