Misconceptions and Misinterpretations

Here are some stereotypes about people with Autism:

1) one has low intellectual ability / low Intelligence Quotient (IQ)
2) one is totally incapable of dealing in social life / work / etc.
3) one is born with special talents
4) it affects the Caucasians
And the list goes on.

The reason I want to emphasise again why I write this book is because the word 'Autism' is being loosely used and I feel very upset over it. One moment someone does something silly, he/she is 'autistic' and the list goes on. I want to help others with Autism, bit by bit. I'm really upset by the fact that these stereotypes are still relevant today.

I know it can be hard to accept people with Autism and those nasty words like 'Go and Die!' 'you don't deserve to live' and other nasty words that people have said to me. All I can do simply is forgive. I have a choice to forgive or hold grudges. What if I hold a grudge that was actually not my fault? Being blamed for the things that I never do and the rumours spread?

I believe in helping. Every time if I have loose change, I will always donate it to the baskers or the donation box. I believe the small amount I collect will make a big difference in others' lives. Even a small act of kindness can make a big difference to someone else!

That is my life mission, I am someone who wants to address the issue not because I want fame, or be recognised. I want to help, that's all.

Don't misunderstand us just because we're different. Don't judge a book by it's cover. That is what I mean by don't misunderstand us.