Chapter #18

"Well, that went fast," I laughed at Shane shamelessly as he was still staring at the door. "Are you sure it was love at first sight or whatever?"

"Totally sure," he replied immediately and I shook my head, still chuckling.

"At least you have all her information here, so you can track her down..." I said, looking at the form she had just filled. "Dalia Blorege, living in Swansea, Wales, aged... Oh, she's older than you."

"Who cares? Age doesn't matter!" Shane shouted suddenly and I laughed yet again.

"Okay, okay, I didn't say I did!" I defended myself. "If that makes you feel better, then from what I see here, she's single."

"Merlin loves me," he said in delight, then took out his wand and pointed at the form, saying, "Geminio."

A perfect copy of the form appeared right next to it and Shane quickly snatched it from my desk.

"I... Don't think that's legal..." I said sceptically, but he just shrugged.

"They can lock me in Azkaban for all I care. I gotta go now. See you later, Aurora," he said and literally ran out of my office before I could reply.

Little did I know it was just the beginning of Shane's love frenzy.

"Have you seen that, Mira?" I laughed yet again after a moment, picking up the form to put it in one of the drawers.

"I hope it works out for him. This was really sweet," she replied in a dreamy tone, touching her cheeks with her hands.

"Or crazy," I commented, then took out my wand to quickly gather my things, along with the envelope from Draco. "Okay, Mira, I think I'll get going, I have something important to do today. I hope you'll manage. If anything happens, you know how to reach me. See you tomorrow."

"Goodbye," she said, restarting her work.

I didn't go home after that. I have already decided I would try to talk to Draco's cousin and that was what I was going to do. I found out from Hermione that she was living in western Cornwall, so I went there. Her house was apparently visible only to witches and wizards, located right next to the beach, two-storey and yellow - it wasn't really hard to find it. I knocked on its brownish door and waited for a moment.

A woman with long, brown hair and blue eyes opened the door with one hand. Her other hand was on her stomach - she had yet a small, but still visible baby bump under a green sweater with the letter C on it. I took a deep breath and said:

"Hello. This is Callie, right? I'm Aurora, maybe you remember me-"

"Oh, yes, of course I do," she interrupted me, seeming to have recognised me. "Aurora... Mullen, right?"

"Yes. And well... I'm here, because I wanted to talk to you... If it's okay with you."

"Callie? Everything okay? Should I go back? Who is it?" called a male voice from the inside of the house.

"Oh, you wouldn't believe me. But don't worry, you can go already," she shouted back into the house.

"Bye then, love you!" he called back.

"Love you too," she replied with a smile, then turned to me. "Come in, then."

I entered the house and she closed the door behind me, then beckoned me to follow her.

"Let's go and talk in the kitchen, because my son is asleep in this room," she explained, pointing at the door on her right as she led me through the corridor.

The house was the most un-Malfoyish thing I have ever seen. I couldn't believe her mother was Lucius' sister. The walls and the furniture were all in bright, warm colours, some of them maybe even too bright (there were some neon orange things that almost hurt my eyesight). There were also family pictures hanging on the walls. Everything seemed really cosy and you could almost feel a family atmosphere in the air, even though there were no people except for me and her.