chapter 3

jacob's pov

It was the next day. I groaned as I nearly rolled off my hard bunk bed. Patrick was curled up in the bunk underneath me, playing some trendy game I had little to no interest in. It was Saturday, which meant that we got more freedom today and could leave the camp. I looked up on my phone how far the East Mall was, and it was only a five minute walk, thank god.
When I got there I opened up the doors and was hit with an immediate smell of every food that was being served. My stomach let out the biggest growl. I had been nearly starving myself, since the food the counselors provide us is actual shit, and I want to lose weight anyways.

At the end of the food court, I saw the face I was looking for. He was sitting at the back table, wearing baggy light blue mom jeans, accompanied by a random band shirt. I noticed immediately that he buzzed the bottom part of his hair, leaving the big mop of curls sagging at the top of his head.
"Looks like you came nicely dressed." I said, feeling bad now since I only came in red khaki shorts and a cheap Nike shirt. "Yep, ready for our date?" Chase asked sarcastically. I blushed. "This isn't a date! You said you wanted to be my friend!" I whisper-yelled, my face feeling red as a tomato.
"Yeah, I know, I'm only kidding." Chase said. "I was thinking we could watch a movie so I don't have to talk that much to you." Chase pulled out two theater tickets from the back pocket of his jeans.
We walked a bit to get to the theater, and he ordered a large popcorn for the both of us, with two Coca-Colas, and a large bag of Reese's Puffs Minis. Movie theater snacks are pretty damn expensive, so I was impressed.

The movie we were watching was some new Marvel film, which I had no idea what was going on within the short two hours of it. Chase seemed pretty interested in this kind of stuff though, which surprised me to see him almost geek out while watching it. Later when we got out of the theater, he said he had to go and that he'd text me later. I closed the conversation with a quick smile and he walked away. Today went better than I thought it would, especially since I got to see a whole new side of Chase.

I feel like we could be really, really good friends.

~
Hey! So sorry for such a lack of chapters, I took a quick break and I'll try not to do that often. Hope you enjoyed chapter three!:)