Chapter 79 - His Troubling Desire

It was as if his body had found a new life.

Rudra took a step and pulled Ishani to him. As his face collided with her open hair, he buried his nose in it and inhaled hard.

Instantly his senses filled with the most drugging aroma that he had ever smelled in his life. He wanted all the people around him to disappear so that he could just have her to himself.

"Rudra!" he heard her whisper.

He turned her around and cupped her face hard.

"Say it again!" he commanded hoarsely not caring anymore that everyone was watching them.

Ishani looked up at him and felt his eyes travelling all over her face. By the time they came back and rested on her lips, she was out of breath. As she felt him pulling her closer to him, she realised that his lips were just matchsticks away from hers.

"Rudra!"

Somehow her low panicked voice reached his ears and instantly he snapped out of his stance. But still, he did not let go of her. Holding her by the waist beside him, he gestured to one of the waiters. Picking up a drink from there, he offered it to her.

Slowly as the crowd in the party started to enjoy the music and mingle, he pulled her towards the corner.

Rudra was about to say something to her when suddenly they were interrupted by Nina.

"Aren't you going to introduce us?" she asked as she placed her hand on Rudra's arm.

Ishani's eyes narrowed the moment she saw the gesture. She rested her hand on his chest and pressed herself a little closer to him and instantaneously felt him grip her waist tightly. She watched as he glared hard at Nina and she removed her hand.

"I thought I told you to leave," he said in a warning tone.

Before she could say anything Ishani intervened.

"Oh sweetheart, let her enjoy the party. Everybody needs a little time off from office."

As she saw him nod with an enduring smile, her eyes shifted to Nina who she found was scowling like hell. She plastered a smile on her face but her eyes gave the required warning signals.

Stay away or you'll regret it.

They were about to move away from Nina when she again stopped and this time Rudra couldn't stop himself from shoving her a little away.

"Come on Rudra, introduce us," she implored.

"This is my girlfriend, Ishani Raijdas and Ishani, this is my London assistant Nina Bhargava."

Ishani smiled while Nina's face stretched with a pressured smile.

"So the grapevine was right," Nina retorted and then turned away before any of them could say anything.

Ignoring her, Rudra guided Ishani towards the dining room, which was already filling with drunken party goers.

The manager on duty rushed towards him and waited for him to select a table. Isolating a table in a corner, Rudra gestured towards it and were immediately ushered to it. Just as they ordered their dinner and drinks, they were left alone and he had been looking for this moment since the time she had walked in the banquet hall.

"Ishani!" he softly called out and instantly saw her look up at him.

"You look amazing today."

Ishani smiled bashfully and lowered her gaze, and felt his hand capturing hers in a hard squeeze.

Just then the waiter brought their drinks and they separated. Several minutes later their dinner was served and they started to eat. Finally, when they were finished they waited for the waiter to clear the table. But his gaze never left her face.

In fact, Rudra's eyes had actually not left Ishani's face even for a second while they were having dinner. Every time she had picked up the fork to put a morsel of food in her mouth, something had erupted inside him. Every time her lips had closed on that fork, a burst of jealousy had exploded inside him.

It had become so bloody unbearable for him that he had kept his head down all through the meal afterwards. Even when she had questioned him he had avoided her eyes. The excuse of tiredness had worked perfectly well as she had not asked him anything when he had gone straight to his room.

Although he could see the look of disappointment in her eyes, he had ignored it completely. Tonight he was having trouble trusting himself, especially around her.

But the moment he had entered his room, his brain had been flooded with her images. However, it was quite maddening that Rudraveer Sangawat would actually lusting after a woman like a desperate teenager.

The situation was becoming somewhat too infuriating for him.

Cursing himself, he had discarded his clothes in a hurry and entered the washroom determined to have the coldest shower he ever had. But even after standing under the cold onslaught for more than a couple of minutes, he wasn't able to shake the feeling off.

He wanted her.

He wanted her skin on his.

He wanted to kiss every single part of her body till she wreathed with pleasure and begged him to take her.

He wanted to be inside her thrusting insanely.

Dammit!

Stop it! He ordered his body.

But his body was not listening to him tonight. Placing his hand on the wall of the shower, he closed his eyes and everything just exploded with her images. It was as if she had an invisible power over him.

He was growing hard insanely and he hated it like anything.

For the next couple of minutes, he tried to control his rampaging hormones but suddenly a notion filtered into his mind.

Ishani must be undressing right now.

Dammit!

The thought was like a final nail in the coffin.

Rudra turned off the shower and quickly got dressed without bothering to wipe himself off. Within seconds he was out of his tree house.

As his feet started to stride towards Ishani's room, every cell in his body came alive with urgency. He wanted to reach there before she shed any of her clothing as he wanted to be the one doing it. Not obliging to knock, he unlocked her door with the key card and opened it, and stopped short.

Ishani was standing in front of the mirror, struggling with the hook of her halter neck.

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest