//Holly, Would You Turn Me On?\\ {A Proscriptive Relationship Fanfiction}

The following is the result of a crazed writing spree at one am.

Beware.

----------

I sighed and read the note over. I had just gotten back from school, after another of Mr. Heywood and mines after school... detentions, and I had found a note on the counter from my mom with a shopping list and a few twenties.

I was to go to the grocery store and get food, make myself dinner, the usual. I frowned slightly. I barely got to see my mother nowadays. Sometimes she would even work overtime on the weekends, just to get some more money for the bills and whatnot. Ever since Dad died... At that thought, my thoughts turned to Chris, and his parents. Chris. Mr. Heywood. Chris. Chris...

Chris... And his messy brown hair... and his grey eyes... and hi--

I suddenly shook my mind clear from its revere. I was thinking about him again. I blushed, glad no one was around to see it.

As soon as I was sure my blush had faded, I grabbed the money off the counter and pocketed it along with the shopping list, grabbed my keys, and chugged down some water before I walked out the front door, being sure to lock it. As I had had Mr. Heywood's detention, I had to go soon, else I get stuck walking home in the dark again.

I walked down to the grocery store, feeling accomplished that nothing had happened on the way over-- no, per say, men getting almost beaten up by their old gang members....

Grabbing a basket, I made my way to the fruits and vegetables, grabbing what I needed and stuffing it into my basket. I went down the grain aisle fast, grabbing a box of macaroni and cheese, because I was so not in the mood to make anything else. I was exhausted.

Last night, I had been up late studying for a test, and finishing up an essay I'd procrastinated on. I'd managed to make it through the day relatively smoothly, but now I was beginning to feel the tiredness. I yawned as I placed the box in my basket.

As I was looking at the milk, a bottle in my hand, I suddenly had a thought. Maybe I'd bring my own lunch tomorrow instead of buying. That way, I could make sure I was finished with my lunch by the time lunch was over, and not have the risk of being late to Mr. Heywood's class, then being able to get a good seat in the back next to La--

"Having trouble deciding between skim and 2%?" A masculine voice asked me, right by my ear.

I jumped, startled, and turned around to see Mr. Heywood giving me a delicious-- 'no! not delicious, mind!' I thought furiously-- smirk.

"M-Mr. Heywood..." I said, having to tilt my head up a slightly to get a better look at him.

"Chris," He reminded me. He looked down at my choices for milk again. "I'd choose 2%."

"What does it matter what kind of milk you'd choose?" I asked.

"Just incase you make coffee for me again."

I looked incredulously at him. "You know, for a guy who makes a good breakfast, you're still not the world's greatest chef, so I'll be choosing the milk I want. If I remember, you're the one who can't peel carr..." My voice drifted off as I noticed he hadn't been listening after I'd said he'd made a good breakfast.

Argh. Men and their onetrack minds.

He grinned as he said, "So, you think I make a good breakfast?"

"Ye-- no--, I mean-- augh! Whatever." My lips frowned slightly as I grabbed the 2% and shoved it in with the rest of the food.

"What are you doing here anyway, Chris?" I asked.