Don't Forget (part 2)

PERCY'S OPV__

I ran to Annabeth's cabin regretting everything I had just said. I knocked on the door three times to be precise. My patience was running thin, I knock on the door hard enough that my dad Poseidon could hear it in his domain. I was about to do it again when Malcom opened the door.

"Oh Hey Perce. Annabeth just left but you can wait inside for her." "Thanks Malcom." "No problem" he smiled and patted me on the back which was quiet painful for someone as small as him. I walked into the cabin, I've always wondered what it was like in the Athena cabin. Its so neat and....clean. I found where Annabeth sleeps and looked at her things on her desk.

There were scrunched up paper neatly placed in a pyramid, a couple of notebooks, a few pens and pencils and......a picture. The picture had a boy holding a girl under a sickamore tree. I studied the picture for a few more seconds and being the Seaweed Brain I am realised a couple of minutes after that I was the boy holding Annabeth the girl. I smiled remembering that moment.

Flashback

Annabeth was beside me, placing her delicate hands on me. One on my arm and the other holding my hand. We were walking across the shore line of the beach, my favourite place to be. It was our first date and I was nervous. "What's wrong Seaweed Brain?" great. Just great.

My hand must of been sweaty. "N-nothing W-wise Girl." stuttering too? Well done Percy. I plastered on a smile and looked down into her dark intense grey eyes. She smiled back. That made my heart melt. Everything about her was just so...perfect.

I continued to lead Annabeth to a big sickamore tree where I had a picnic planned for us. When we got there she gasped in surprised, "Aww ....Percy, you shouldn't have."

"Oh, but I did!" and I did this weird flying action. She laughed at my comment or most likely my action towards it.

She sat down opening up the picnic basket and looking inside. "Choose anything you want."

"Kay-Kay!" and we ate and talked for hours. Austin was walking by

And Annabeth asked if he could snap a picture. Of course he said yes.

I went behind Annabeth and carried her onto my lap, wrapped my arms around her and we both smiled.

"Thanks Austin."

"No probs Annabeth. Oh by the way I was thinking we could slip in a Team Austin meeting later." "Okay sure" "Thanks Annabeth your the best!" And he jogged off. I turned my head towards Annabeth, she was looking out towards the ocean. Before I could stop myself the words just flew from my mouth"I love you Annabeth. Always have and always will. And this is my oath to you." she turned her head slowly and smiled.

She spoke softly,"I love you too Percy. Always have and always will. And this is my oath to you." and then we kissed like there was no tomorrow.

End of Flashback

I frowned at that memory. Knowing I didn't keep that promise. Knowing that I screwed up big time. I guess I chose Calypso because she reminded me of the blonde curled hair, with the stormy intense grey eyes Annabeth.

When I saw Annabeth with the red hair and brown eyes outside of camp one day. I didn't think of her as Annabeth Chase, I thought of her as a stranger. Letting her go was the biggest mistake of my life.

And to top that I said some pretty cruel things to her. I heard the door slam shut and an arrow flew across the room and hit a picture of me right in the middle of my forehead. Ouch. I turned around towards where the arrow came from and it was Annabeth. She must have noticed my presence because she stopped in her tracks and looked up. Tears stained her face. I just wanted to kiss her so badly and just start over. "What are you doing here?"