Chapter 12: Weakness

Kate's POV

Emaline's head rested on my shoulder as we jabber our mouths of while staring at the blu-ish purple-ish sky on a tree is one of the best feelings you can possibly have. Me and Emaline can talk forever and I cannot get enough of her. We talked about random stuff like owls and how golden medals are pretty fake and how Oliver is pretty much a jackass for leaving Emaline. In between these random chats we would do heavy flirting leading to a bit of playful shoving then to making out. Then repeat! What a weird cycle. As we were talking someone below yelled something.

"Aww you guys or so cute," that voice seemed familiar, "but not cute enough to be in public. Get a room!" teased Luke. Of course its Luke.

"Your just jealous because I have an amazing girlfriend and you don't" Emaline responded.

Emaline leaned for a kissed.

"Eww get a room why don't ya?" Luke once again tease.

"Be gone!" we said as we threw some twigs at Luke as he runs away.

You know I realized something about Emaline: she didn't seem fearful admitting I'm her girlfriend towards Luke. I don't mind Luke because Luke is one of my closest friends and is probably the only one who'll ever know about me and Emaline. Emaline and Luke aren't that close so what gives?

"Hey Emaline."

"Yeah?"

"Why do seem to not be nervous to tell Luke I'm your girlfriend yet with everyone else you seem to just keep it hidden. Like I mean I'm not saying it's bad because I honestly prefer it too but you're the one who first wanted to keep it a secret so what gives?"

"Well I haven't told you this but my parents are super religious and that's the only thing that has been anchoring me down. I honestly don't give a shit. But I don't want to be sent to a conversion camp. You seem to trust Luke and he seems pretty cool so I let him in on this so called secret relationship."

"Wait," I was very surprised. I did not expect Emaline's parents to be religious af. I never thought of that since the way she acts, "then how come at that sleepover you seemed to not tell McQuaid you were dating me after he already knows?"

"Because I don't want my parents finding out from McQuaid or something like that..." Emaline's cheeks begin to turn a pastel pink colour. She's either lying or embarrassed or both.

"I call bs." I turn my head to face her instead of the beautiful sky, "your cheeks are red and you're clearly lying. Also McQuaid is atheist af and would not give your parents any information because he's terrified of over the top Christian people so he would've just run away."

"NO I'M NOT!" Emaline replied. Clearly she was. You can tell by her red as period blood face as well as the way she said it.

"Your cute," I giggled as I put my arm around her, "but you have to tell me the truth. I care and I want to know but my curiosity is also dying to know because you were willing to lie about it then tell the truth."

"You know Kate Messenr, you seem to know more stuff about me wiithout me having to tell you compare to an average person." Emaline moved my hand away from her and adjusted her body so she can lie on my lap.

"Are you saying I've found your weak spot and you're finally beginning to open up to me?" I smirked.

"Shut up," she aimed to punch my shoulder but punched my left boob instead.

"Oww," I jumped a bit.

"Oops didn't mean to punch your boob. Anyways lemme tell you the real reason."

"Okay."

Emaline looked up to me, "but you must follow these steps before I tell you. Step one you have to kiss me since you know it'll probably take a while before we do it again since this is going to take a long time to explain."

"What a lame excuse to kiss me," I replied.

"Kate... I used the same fucking excuse you used to me. So shut up and kiss me already."

I leaned in and kissed Emaline and it took a while for us to separate since our kisses are the best but I can also feel Emaline make it last longer than usual to buy herself some time. Damn my excuses are lame.