Chapter 10

The cold night breeze swept across entering the open window of Felisha's room. She stepped out from the bathroom and made her way inside her room closing the door. She received a text message!

~hey sweetie, sorry I'm still not home yet, I'll be there in an hour or so. Love you.
~see you soon.

She read the message as she put on her comfy sweater. She picked up her phone carrying it into the living room as she texted on the way. The night breeze and the Low temperature of the city was a little new to Felsiha but she didn't really minded it though, she laid her body onto an arm chair as she texted on with her friends.
One particular message however she had received all of a sudden caught her attention as it was someone who wasn't in her contacts. The profile picture was all black as the message wrote,

~hello

For a start, that was kind of weird but she soon replied,

Hello, who is this?~

Typing...
~Don't you remember?

Uhm no, seriously who is this?~

Typing...

Felisha lost patience each minute waiting for this person to reply as she had thought this was only just a wrong number situation or something.

~why didn't you come down when I asked you to?

Felisha was now a bit more confused. "What the heck?" She exclaimed in her mind as she received another message from this person.

~I saw you up at the balcony writing something

As soon as she read this, she snapped in realisation as this was the man who she saw in the streets waving her down this morning.

What the heck do you want?~

Typing...
~I just need to meet up with you about something.
~It won't take long! You just have something of high importance that belongs to me

Wait what? No! What are you talking~ about?

Typing...
~come on kid I won't hurt you.

This man started to creep Felisha a hell lot and so she decided to lie her way out of the conversation blocking the number after.

I'm not at home and don't bother trying to reach me after this ~

Typing...
~well then try to explain how I see a girl sitting on a chair texting me in your living room?

Felisha's heart dropped as he said this. She cursed words in her mind and panicked all over looking around in paranoia. She blocked the number, threw her phone onto the sofa and went straight to close every single opened window in the apartment. Everything was quiet now, only the muffled sounds of the air vents and the quiet crashes of thunder from outside. She sat down beside the table lamp which was near to the balcony as she looked around in wide eyes. Her mind stressed as she divided her thoughts thinking of various defensive techniques. She settled down a bit and cleared the thoughts in her head, "okay, okay, it's probably nothing, he probably just coincidentally guessed that, maybe some TV would help.." she said assuring herself.
She turned on the TV as she put on her favourite show to calm her down. Just right after the words 'Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl.. AND STEV-.." the TV turned off all of a sudden, not long after, the lights were out as well as she gasped in shock. A loud crash of thunder accompanied with a flash of lightning made her jump as she struggled to find a source of light. Felisha squealed in fright and curled up into a ball sitting on the floor, she shook in fear but she suddenly remembered had her phone with her. She immediately picked it up and dial her dad's phone number.
"Sorry, your call cannot be made as you seem to not be connected to a cellular network, please connect to one or if you need help, call our services and help line on..."
She gave a confused expression but soon realised that she was not connected to any sort of network as the lady said in the recording. "Shoof! Dang it!" It seems that the electricity was out which meant that the wifi was off too. She hadn't got the chance to get a service provider set up for the area around her and thus she could not commune with anyone without wifi connection. Droplets of rain started to tap the windows as it slowly converted into a heavy rainfall. Silence was now partially gone as the muffled sound of the rain erupt louder. She tugged her phone close to her as she temptingly waited for her dad to come home at any time by now, "come on, dad, where the heck are you?!?" She thought to herself.
She then realised that the wifi router had a back up power supply having a built in battery on its own which meant if she could get to the router, she can enable it for a few minutes and make a call to her dad.
The problem was though that the whole place was extremely hard to see. It was pitch black just like in her dream, only now there was no source of light anywhere making it super hard to even make out anything. Although she could use her phone to illuminate her way using the flashlight, the battery percentage was low and she wanted to conserve it for making her call and so she had to bare without sight.