[4]

London sighed as she sat at Luke's playing with her food on her plate

London sighed as she sat at Luke's playing with her food on her plate. She just talked to her dad about Christmas vacation they were supposed to have but he was busy with his new wife.
Jess walked down the stairs and looked at London. His heart skipped a beat. He saw her sad look.
Jess walked to Luke and sighed.
"Why is she sad?"
Luke followed Jess's gaze and saw London.
"Her dad cancelled another vacation."
Jess nodded. He poured a cup of coffee for her and sat it down on her table.
London looked up and smiled.
"Hi, Jess."
Jess frowned at her obviously fake smile.
"Is everything okay? You look sad."
London sighed.
"Yeah, just my dad... He has a new wife now and doesn't have time for Rory and me. Rory is more understanding but I... I just want my dad back."
Jess frowned as her eyes teared up.
"Hey, listen."
Jess sat next to her.
"He will always be your dad. He is just busy right now. But I promise that he'll see that he has been unfair to you and apologize. Trust me, London."
London smiled at him.
"Thank you."

London run across the town square towards Luke's with tears running down her face.
Jess looked up and his eyes widened as he saw her.
"Lonnie?"
London sniffled.
"Can we talk?"
Jess nodded and the two went to his room. London sat on his bed and he sat beside her.
"What happened?"
London sniffled and tried to brush her tears.
"I got into a fight with my dad. I told him about him cancelling our plans. He got angry and told me to grow up. And then... He said we weren't the part of his life anymore. Mom went mad and started yelling at him. And I... I just needed to get out of there."
Jess pulled her to his chest and kissed her head.
"Hey. Calm down. It's alright. I'm here for you. I'm here. Shh..."
London fell asleep after crying for hours. Jess covered her with a blanket and laid in armchair. He loved her and hated to see her sad.