Ten

"Ow!" Victoria cried out in pain and reached out for something to steady herself. Her hand found the wall, and she leaned into it as the pain in her head sharpened.

"Victoria?" Summer rushed over to her.

Victoria.

"It's okay. It's Claire." Victoria closed her eyes, trying to concentrate.

Listen, I don't have much time before I lose our connection. You have to tell the others...

"She says the folder has information on Malcolm," Victoria explained. "But she doesn't seem to think we should worry about it. It's not very much information."

"Then why is Scorpion after it?" Ivy asked.

"Claudia's trying to keep them busy, I guess?" Victoria frowned as she listened to Claire's stream of thoughts. "We have something more important to worry about. John is sending a team to attack the museum down the street."

"How many?" Spencer asked.

"Three."

"Three Altered?" Summer laughed. "We can take them."

"No, not Altered. Well, one of them is, but Claire senses she's really powerful."

"What power does she have?"

"Cryokinesis."

Summer frowned. "Doesn't sound like much to me. No offense, Spencer," she quickly added.

"None taken. What about the other two?" Spencer asked.

"Claire only has names. Icarus and Arachne. But she doesn't think they're Altered." Victoria opened her eyes. "The connection's gone. But that's all she had to give us."

"Well, if they're not one of us, what else could they be?" Summer asked.

"Malcolm's not like us," Ivy pointed out.

"Oh, great," Victoria muttered. "Let's hope they aren't like him."

"Whatever they are, we outnumber them," Summer said. "Let's get to the museum."

"What do we do with her?" Victoria asked, throwing a glance at the Scorpion girl.

Spencer sighed. "We can't juggle a prisoner, the decryption guy, and whatever's going down at the museum."

"Agreed," Summer said. "Let's let her go, find Michael Jones, and get out of here as fast as possible."

"Let her go?" Victoria asked.

"We have too," Summer turned to her. "It's not worth fighting Scorpion right now."

Victoria folded arms. "Yeah, I guess."

Spencer turned to the girl and raised an eyebrow. "Don't suppose you're gonna fight us on this, are you?"

The girl rolled her eyes. "Guess I'm outnumbered. Until I find the others." She walked out the door, not giving the Supers another glance.

"Let's go, before she finds them," Spencer said.

~

Ivy was the first to see the sign by the door. "There," she said, pointing down the hall. "Michael Jones."

"Well if his name's by the door, I'm guessing it's his office." Spencer grabbed the door handle. "Locked." He looked up, and for a brief moment Ivy saw the hint of a smile cross his face, only to be quickly replaced by disappointment.

He'd been about to ask for Claire.

"Ace," Spencer said. He gestured at the door.

Ace trotted over and barked. The door flew off its hinges and crashed into the floor.