angel eyes

(Big shout-out and thank you to dwts_ballerina for explaining salsa to me so I could write the dancing scene :)! Also this is an AU so Val doesn't really know how to dance in this one-shot XD.)

    "Love, you may have the devil's hair and hell's hips, but beneath that is your angel eyes and your heavenly smile."

•••

She was the definition of a fallen angel. Her eyes were brilliant blue, stones of the sapphire sky, and her smile was as white as the crystalline clouds, ivory jewels in the night.

But her blood-red hair and the way she swayed her hips spoke different lies from the truth within her pure heart, showcasing the devilish side to the innocent princess.

     She always laughed a sweet giggle, trilling through his ears, while a content smirk always brimmed her face. And her eyes always sparkled with vivid joy; her eyes lighting the flames of happiness in his broken heart.

"Love," he once told the sweet soul drinking the crystalline virgin mojito he had always prepared for her- her favorite non-alcoholic drink for even though she pretended to like alcohol in front of her friends, she truly despised the strong taste as for he could see the disgust in her eyes-, as she smiled at him, nodding for him to continue. "You may have the devil's hair and hell's hips, but beneath that is your angel eyes and your heavenly smile."

"Is that so?" She had asked, her smirk widening in addition to the curious gleams in her turquoise eyes.

He had simply smiled back, shaking another drink for the other group of ladies sitting at the bar.

This time, however, he had noticed the young lady had been sadder than usual. Her eyes were dim and teary and she had surprisingly ordered an alcoholic drink- the strongest vodka one could find-, being quite alone.

Having his shift practically over, he walked up to the girl, bringing her the shot glass of vodka, almost handing it to her before he hesitated.

"You alright, Sharna?" He questioned sincerely, extremely worried for her.

     "Yes, I am," she clearly lied, taking the drink from his hand and drinking the shot rapidly before expressing disgust.

"Are you sure?" He raised a brow at her sudden action as she sighed.

"No," she admitted honestly, her voice hoarse as if she had been crying.

    "Do you feel comfortable talking about it to make you feel better?" He inquired politely, sad to see the usually happy girl now so somber and silent.

"You'll find out someway, I guess, if I don't tell you, Val. So I might as well," Sharna exhaled deeply, allowing him to sit on the stool beside her.

    "Long story short, I broke up with my boyfriend since my heart was longing for another man, but unfortunately for me that other man only cares for me as a friend. Not to mention, one of my best friends has a huge crush on him, so even if he did have feelings for me, I can't just crush her heart to fulfill mine. So I'm just stuck. Not to mention that I am no longer a dance instructor since I got fired since my ex was furious that I broke up with him and came into the studio and screamed at me in front of my students. And it's not like my job was paying me that much anyways but it was better that nothing," she summarized, wiping her teary eyes, as she glanced down at her lap.

    "Screw them. Love, if they fired you just because of that, then clearly it wasn't the right job anyways and I know you'll find a better one. Do you need me to take care of your ex so that he leaves you the hell alone? Also, whoever this guy is, he is blind not to see this strong girl with beauty inside and out standing right in front of him. If he doesn't see that you care for him more than a friend nor bashes you for your feelings, then screw him, love. Secondly, if he did have feelings for you and your friend was a true friend, then she should be able to understand and remember that your friendship is worth more than fighting over a man and allow you to seek out your feelings with the one you love," Val said, though his heart was beginning to crack for he knew she couldn't be talking about him. Meaning that she loved another man, being completely clueless about his true feelings for her. Nonetheless, he had to help her, for he loved her and yearned for her happiness to continue and not to drain out like the swirling water down the pipes.