38 || you look beautiful

she was angry.

what was she thinking? that he would come running to her with open arms? that he would hold her and tell her that he loves her? idiot. but there was a small part of her that wished he did.

she was in quite a cliche situation; she was in love with her brother's best friend. still is. stumbling upon his raybans was the best thing that happened to her since her brother's death. she didn't think when she messaged him, only felt a raw emotion to connect with him.

he didn't even remember her name.

her name wasn't really one to forget. it was quite unusual, something he liked a lot, as he confessed once when they were kids.

absentmindedly, she waved to the people she was passing by on the way to her locker without actually paying attention. when she reached her locker, she sighed upon seeing a couple making out right in front of it.

puckering her lips and making her eyes unfocused, she tapped the girl on her shoulder twice. annoyed, she turned around, only to screech at her face. despite her foul mood, she laughed at the reaction of the now horrified coupled. righting herself, she shooed them away. 'scram.'

mumbling profanities, they left, and she happily opened her locker. her eyes fell upon an unfamiliar paper bag, and she took it into her hands after pushing all the books back in her locker. shutting it with her leg, she leaned against it and opened the tiny paper bag.

a tiny smile tugged at her lips when seven hershey's kisses fell into her open palm. her phone vibrated in the back pocket of her jeans. reaching back, she whipped it out and swiped her finger across the screen to unlock it.

seven had messaged her.

woah.

you look beautiful

you are more beautiful than i expected

she bit her lip, a sudden shyness overtaking her. she looked around for his familiar face, but saw no one. her phone dinged again.

i hope you still like kisses

she smiled, slightly surprised and mostly pleased that he remembered.

i'll take that smile as a yes

unable to help herself, she laughed slightly, and glanced at her vibrating phone again.

meet me at auntie veronica's ice cream?

~~~

you can start preparing for the party now c;