00:22

~Kickin' it~

I took a shaky breath and brought my hand up to my face, flexing my fingers as they felt numb all of a sudden. "W-what?" I whispered, refusing to believe what had happened to me. How could I have lost a bundle of cells inside my stomach, where they were supposed to be safe?

"I'm sorry, Kim." Jack whispered.

I stumbled backwards, and felt Jack's arms wrap around me as I fell. "No…" I muttered weakly. "No!" I shook my head and started crying into Jack's chest. All my emotions just poured out of my eyes, forming into tears. Everything flooded my mind:

My very first encounter with Jack in the power cut.

The first time he saved me from Ricky trying to rape me.

How triumphant and scared I was when I'd seen Jack's vampire face for the first time.

The warm, fuzzy feeling I felt when Jack drank my blood for the first time in the hallway.

How happy and shocked Jack and I were when I found out I was pregnant.

Everything.

It was then I realised Jack had been through thick and thin with me. We'd been through practically everything together and barely ever had a dull moment. I hugged him tighter as he pulled me gently to my feet. I didn't want to face anybody. What would Mom say if she saw me like this? Would she remember she's a slayer?

"Do you want me to take you home?" Jack asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes please." I wiped my eyes and followed Jack into the hallway. It was strangely quiet. Everyone must have gone to next lesson already.

I followed Jack out of the school to the car park. We walked over to his car and I climbed into the passenger seat. I went to buckle my seatbelt up, but I couldn't make my arm move. I watched Jack as he buckled himself up. He looked at me sadly. I could tell he really didn't know what to do this time.

"Do you want to stay with me today?" Jack asked, buckling my seatbelt up for me.

"Yeah." I said dully.

I really wasn't in the mood to do anything but sit down and stare at things. I couldn't believe this had happened to me. I knew with every fibre of my being that my Mom was responsible, she was the one who staked me in the stomach. But she was still my Mom, regardless. But I still didn't want to see her at the moment. I was snapped out of my thoughts as Jack stopped his car. I had never been so relieved to see a house in my life. Right now, I just needed to curl up in a warm bed.

"Kim, I have to go hunting, are you going to be Ok on your own?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I said. "It wasn't even a baby, just a stupid bunch of-" I couldn't say anymore and before I knew it, Jack's arms were around me and I was crying into his chest again.

"Shhh, shhh. It's Ok, you're gonna be fine." Jack whispered. "Everything's going to be Ok."

I wiped my eyes again. "Do you really have to go?"

"Sorry Kim. One of us has to hunt, and you're not in a good enough position right now." Jack stroked my cheek gently and I tried to smile. But I couldn't. I felt like everything around me was grey and pointless, except Jack, he was the only colorful thing in my world right now.

I unbuckled my seat belt and made to get out of the car and I groaned as I felt my stomach begin to ache. It felt like it was throbbing, tearing apart, reattaching and doing it all over again. It hurt so much I could barely move without wincing. Jack was immeadiately at my side, tiliting my chin up so I could look at him.