11 | good times and bad news

Adam and Lawrence laid in bed on their backs shoulder to shoulder and stared at the ceiling. Lawrence could sense Adam smiling to himself and rolled over to smile with him. Laying his head on Adam's shoulder and splaying his arm across his stomach, he whispered, "Today was a big day, wasn't it."

"Yeah, it was," Adam breathed in disbelief, still looking up at the ceiling.

Propping himself up on his elbow, Lawrence looked down at Adam, "What are you thinking about?"

"A lot."

Silence.

"Just, how fast things are changing," Adam spoke cautiously. "I have you—for real. My photography dream came true..."

Adam seemed somber. Lawrence was confused. "So why do you sound so upset?"

"I'm not," Adam said matter-of-factly, turning his head to look Lawrence in the eyes. "I'm happier than I've ever been in my whole life, actually." Adam waited a few beats before continuing. "I'm so afraid that I could lose all of that. Sometimes I wonder if I would be better off alone. That way I have nothing to lose."

"Adam, that has to be one of the dumbest things to come out of your mouth—and that's saying something."

Lawrence cupped Adam's face. "I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

I promise.

Adam remembered the last time Lawrence had spoken those words to him. And he did in fact keep that promise. Adam trusted Lawrence. His warm embrace and soft reassuring voice made him feel safe.

Adam's thoughts were interrupted by Lawrence's voice, low like light thunder before a storm. "I think today's accomplishments account for a sort of—celebration."

Adam looked at Lawrence then raised his eyebrow and nodded in realization. "Ahhh."

Without warning, Lawrence's lips were slowly trailing the crevice in Adam's neck. Each kiss burned Adam's skin with satisfaction. "Somebody's feeling a little frisky tonight, huh?" Adam laughed.

Lawrence replied by merely humming into Adam's skin, begging for attention. Moving up, he kissed Adam's lips ferociously instead, rolling his entire body on top of his small figure.

When Lawrence pulled back, Adam was eyeing him like a full course meal. He was silently begging for more with his fiery pupils.

Lawrence read his face, immediately removing his boxers.

Adam held back a gasp as Lawrence then began to fiddle with his waistband. Lawrence paused at this. "No. Don't stop," Adam breathed permission to Lawrence.

Lawrence continued to remove Adam's undergarments, and soon enough, they were both naked.

The two of them had finally opened up to each other completely, knocking down their walls and opening their vulnerability.

All cards were on the table.

No bullshit.

It was just the two of them. Broken souls skin-to-skin and stupid in love.

"You love me?" Adam tested.

"Yes." Lawrence's legs began to tingle.

"Then prove it." Adam pressed his lips to Lawrence's and wrapped his legs around him, using them to pull his pelvis down onto his.

"Wait," Lawrence broke the kiss out of breath. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," Adam confirmed urgently before placing both hands on Lawrence's shoulder blades.