Chapter 18

Shawn and Gus were halfway to the hotel district when a cell phone rang.  Gus immediately scrabbled for the phone in his pocket, causing the car to swing violently toward the edge of the road. 

"WOAH," Shawn shrieked, and Gus got control of the wheel again. 

"That can't be right," Gus insisted looking at his phone, "There's no call registered!"

"That's because it's MY phone," Shawn established, heaving out a gasp of air he'd sucked in when they'd almost died.  He grabbed the still-ringing phone from his own pocket, glanced at the screen, and answered it. "Hi babe, what's up," Shawn said.  "Do you miss me?  I miss you!"

"Yes Shawn, I miss you," Juliet said into the phone, her smile colouring her voice.  "But that's not why I'm calling."

"What, you mean there's a more important reason than that you want to hear the melodious sound of my voice?"

"Yes, Shawn, believe it or not," Juliet answered.  Her voice got serious.  "We've found another body."

"Okay," Shawn said.  "Well, you do work homicide, it's kinda par for the course..." he joked.

"Shawn.  Be serious," Juliet told him, but the smile was back in her voice.

"Okay, well, how's this related to me?  Can't you guys solve it?  Or is even the great Monk stumped at this one?" Shawn asked sarcastically.

"No, the reason I'm telling you is because... Well, it was a suicide, and in his note the man said he was responsible for that woman, Theresa's, death," Juliet explained. "He was a security guard at the warehouse we found her in.  We figure he shot her and was so sickened by what he'd done he killed himself.  I have a copy of the suicide note somewhere..." Shawn heard the sounds of her shifting papers on her desk.  "Wait, I think it's being evaluated by the psychologist. Sorry, you'll get to read it later.  Anyway, they want you and Monk to sign off on this suicide, make sure it all adds up.  But it looks like a pretty open and closed case.  I'm sorry to make you guys drive back again today, but we want to get you to the scene as early as possible tomorrow."

"No, it's fine, don't worry about it," Shawn told her.

"I love you," Juliet said.

"I love you too."

"K.  Bye."

"Bye."  Shawn hung up the phone.

**SO did not feel like writing but here it is.  I think I got some decent dialogue?  Anyway, who has guesses about how this will turn out?  ((semi spoiler ahead)) And no, this suicide is not the end of the mystery, don't you worry.  It'll clear up some things, but there's always more to a murder than meets the eye!*