Chapter 1

Jake's POV
Our story is about a town. A small town. And the people who live in the town. From a distance it presents itself like so many other small towns over the world. Safe. Decent. Innocent. Get closer, though, and you start to seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town in teamdale...

And our story begins, I guess with what the Violet twins did this summer. On the forth of July, just after dawn and drove out of Sweetwater river for an early morning boat ride...
Alissa: Are you scared Chance?
He shook his head no

The next thing we know happened for sure is that Christian Delgrosso, who was leading the Teamdale's Boy Scout Troop on a bird watching expedition, came upon Alissa by the river's edge.
Alissa: Chance

Teamdale police dragged Sweetwater River for Chance's body but they never found it
Pam: If he is dead, David I hope in those last moments he suffered. May Chance Violet burn in hell
Man: He's missing

So a week later the Violet family buried am empty casket and Chance's death was ruled an accident as the story that Alissa told made the rounds. That Alissa dropped a glove in the water and Chanve reached down to get it. And accidentally tipped the boat. And panicked. And drowned. As for us, we were still talking about the July 4th tragedy on the last day of summer vacation, when a new mystery rolled into town...