Part 7

Steve's pov.
Where is Natasha? Did she forgot? Of course she did, she's too busy with her new boyfriend. How could she, how could this not be important to her? We are getting divorced, for God's sake , she could at least be here on time! I was talking to her lawyer and he was just calming me down.

Than I was about to swear and as I turned around I saw her walking to us. She was pretty attractive, and with that dress, she was stunning. The curled red hair flying in the air made me so confused about my feelings at the moment. Than I noticed that the dress she was wearing was my present for her on our last anniversary. What a fool, she wants to confuse me with that. I let a sarcastic breath in anger. I got angry and as soon as she came I entered the courtroom.

Natasha's pov.
The judge sit on the judge bench and we started with the trial. I failed for the divorce so I was the first one to sit on the witness stand and tell the reasons why I failed for divorce and I have to convince the judge that I must win the custody of my children.

Judge: Mrs. Rogers can you please tell te court the reasons you failed for divorce.

N: Well... I started after I take a deep breath. My marriage was getting more complicated and it was becoming only worse for the past months so it must be ended. Mr. Rogers... I said as I was getting nervous... He wasn't enough present and devoted husband and father as well. I said very confidently as I was looking at the judge. He doesn't show any respect or tolerance, also he started behaving aggressively... in front of our children. He hit me in the wall, while he was yelling at me and he didn't seem to care that our children were watching.
Your honor the kids must live with me for their own good.

Judge: Thank you Mrs. Romanoff you can go back to your seat. Now we want to hear the other side. Can Mr. Rogers come here?

Steve sit in the chair and started talking.
S: I agree with Mrs. Romanoff that our marrige must be ended, but we must split the custody of our children. Because she is incompetent to raise our children alone. For the past months she avoided any responsibility to her family and her priorities were only connected to her job.
Also the fights that she starts are beacuse she avoids conversation with me. Which I have tried many times so I could end the fight. Instead of ending the fight and continue with our life she took our children and left the house. That's the most pathetic behavior... He was making me so angry so I just ignored him.

Steve's pov.
After two hours in there, the judge made a decision. He said that both of us are enable to raise our children alone. That means that after the divorce they will be taken from us and brought to the social service, after that they can be adopted by other families. I fell on the chair and looked down in hopelessness. I was repeating no, no... in desperation and than looked at Natasha. She was starring at the judge as tears started falling down her cheeks.
N: No, no, no... she was saying as she ran to the judge. Please don't do this I beg you. I can't live without them. They are my life, my soul... Please don't take them from me. Natasha was begging him as she cried.

Mrs. Romanoff please go back to your seat the judge threatened her. Or we will take you out of the courtroom. Natasha turned to go back to her seat but she fainted and fell on the floor.

S: Natasha?! I was shouting as I get up and running came to her. Natasha please wake up! I was so considered about her.

We will take fifteen minutes break before we continue the trial. Said the judge and left. I picked her up in my arms and left her on the sofa in the next room.

Natasha... Natasha can you hear me? I was talking slowly while my fingers were in her hair. Natasha... Nat... Please wake up, we'll solve this problem together. Just wake up... and I let a deep breath.

Natasha's pov.
N: Steve... Steve what happened? I was asking confused, beacuse we were on court and now I'm laying on this sofa.

S: You fainted. He said and than I noticed that he was holding my hand. I didn't respond, just looked down and then I remembered what happened.

N: Steve... Please protect our children... don't let to take them... Please Steve. I was so honest to him. I didn't want to lose my kids.

He was looking in my eyes and we both knew that there was only one solution and as much as I hate that, it's the only way to keep our children with us.

S: We are not gonna divorce. And we'll do that just for our kids, we will live in the Avengers Tower. Our relationship will be only the parents of our kids and that doesn't mean that we have to sleep in same room. We'll be married just on paper. Until we came to a proper solution how to end up this marriage. The said as he let my hand and stand up. I was so shocked by his words, his voice was broken and so cold at the same time that I didn't know how to react. I wiped off my tears and stand up.

N: We should go, I know that you hate this decision, but don't worry you and I will be in contact only when we are with the kids. And you can continue your life as a free man.

I was telling this words that were killing me. Than we went inside again. We told the judge that we are gonna solve our problems like husband and wife and we won't do anything to hurt our kids anymore. My convincing skills are so good that the judge agreed to our decision, but we must start to live together from today.

We agreed on everything he said just to keep our children.

When the trial finished I didn't said anything to Steve, just get back on the plane, went back to New Jersey, took my kids and again came back to DC in the Avengers Tower, our new home. We took only the most important things. Our other clothes and stuff will arrive tomorrow.

---
Who expected this? The things are getting brighter. And they didn't divorce. Now they are leaving together in the Avengers Tower.