What's wrong with you!?

You were sitting on the floor of your room, your eyes closed. You were trying to meditate, but you just felt kind of lost. The concept of time really faded in space. It felt like the days were either really long or really short. There seemed to be no middle ground.

You should have cleared your mind for meditating, but you just kept going through your emotions. You couldn't deny you had feelings for Keith, you just weren't sure if you wanted those feelings. You didn't ask for them, but you still couldn't deny them. You tried to take a deep breath to get rid of those thoughts. You were there to be a Paladin, not to start a relationship. But those feelings... Shit, your thoughts started running in circles.

You took a deep breath and mentally slapped yourself. You needed to concentrate, otherwise there wouldn't be any benefits from meditating. And you really tried your best to clear all the thoughts from your mind and concentrate. But just when you had gotten to a certain blank space, you heard Coran's voice on the speakers. "Paladins. Meet me in the control room." He said. But you decided to ignore it for now and try to finish you meditation first.

Then after you were done, you made your way to the control room. And as you entered it, you noticed that you were of course the last one to arrive. "Morning." You said to everyone. And most of them replied. Except Keith, who was standing a little further away with his arms crossed. He didn't even look at you when you came in.

"Good morning. You were in no rush." Coran said while twirling his moustache. "Sorry. I just wanted to finish my meditation first." You kind of brushed him off as you walked to the others. "Lucky for you that it wasn't an emergency." Coran squinted his eyes as he looked at you sharply. "If it would have been an emergency, you wouldn't have been so calm when asking us here." You glared back at him. And Coran was silent for a moment before answering. "Well observed number 5."

"Why did you want us here? Where is Allura?" Shiro asked. Then Coran walked to the center of the room. "The Princess is resting. She will have to gain her strength back after the rejuvenating ceremony." Coran explained calmly as he opened up the holographic screens.

"Does this mean we have a day off?" Lance asked hopefully. "Oh man, I'm going to bake a cake!" Hunk said excited. "I don't think there are any flour here." Pidge pointed out to Hunk, whose excitement immediately cooled down.

But Coran looked at you all, shaking his head slowly. "Oh no, my dear Paladins. I have something else planned for you today." He said with a weird smirk on his face. And you immediately felt worried of what he had in store for you.

Just then Keith's voice was heard from behind you. "What is it?" He just bluntly asked. And you glanced at him. He seemed to be slightly withdrawn from the others. And you wondered if something was wrong.

"This is the Karthulian system. It holds the ancient training grounds of the original Paladins." Coran stated proudly as some images of a strange planet appeared on the holographic screen. "So, we're going training?" You asked unsure. "Oh yes. You certainly are." Coran replied smiling. "The planets there have a variety of extreme natural environments and trial temples, to test your skills and to help you bond with your Lions more." He still added.

"I'd rather have a day off." Lance whined. And immediately Coran turned to him, seemingly peeved. "The original Paladins fought thousands of battles, and they were working together like one unit. Unlike you. And you don't have much time, so you have to train, train and train. It takes time to fully control Voltron. And since we are against Zarkon, you are going to need all the training you can get." He explained very seriously. And Lance looked at him a bit baffled by his outburst. Then lifted his hands up in the air. "Fine. Fine."

"I hate to say it, but Coran is right." Shiro stated with his arms crossed and a thoughtful expression on his face. "Shouldn't it be more efficient to fight Galra and get real training?" Keith asked sounding a bit annoyed. "The training grounds hold the keys for you to better yourself as Paladins. You will be tested both mentally and physically." Coran still tried to convince you all.