06. flying classes

     "EYE OF RABBIT, harp sting hum, turn this water into rum

     "EYE OF RABBIT, harp sting hum, turn this water into rum . . . Eye of rabbit, harp sting hum, turn this water into rum."

Harper observed Seamus carefully. "What exactly is he trying to do?"

"Turn it into rum." Ron replied, not bothering to look up. "Actually he managed to make weak tea yesterday, before—ah mail is here."

Harper looked up and saw a dozen of owls flying into the Hall. Dale landed right in front of her and she took his letter, before handing him some food. He gently accepted it before taking off again.

"Hey look!" Dean exclaimed. "Neville's got a Remembrall!"

Harper looked up from the letter Remus and Dorcas had send her and saw that Neville was indeed holding a Remembrall.

"I've read about those," Hermione said. "When the smoke turns red it means you've forgotten something."

The Remembrall turned red and Neville looked sad at it. "The only problem is I can't remember what I have forgotten."

Harper smiled and patted his back. "I'm sure you'll remember," she encouraged him. She then opened her own letter and her hazel eyes darted over the content. Both Dorcas and Remus congratulated her on getting into Gryffindor while the latter added that he was happy they didn't receive a toilet seat just yet. Harper grinned and mentally thanked him for the great idea.

Harper glanced at Harry and saw him sitting nervously next to her. He had yet to eat something. She knew it was because of the flying lessons they would have today. Placing her hand on his upper arm, she said, "Relax, Harry, I'm sure everything is going to be just fine."

Harry sighed. "Just what I wanted. To make a fool of myself in front of Malfoy."

Harper gave him an encouraging smile. "Hey, you'll be fine, trust me, beside how good can he be?"