Jackson

I stand there watching as they lower her casket into the ground. Tears stream down my face and I turn away so no body sees. Maggie puts an arm around me and I shrug her off.

"Jackson, it's ok she's in a better place," Maggie says trying to comfort me.

The casket is in the ground now and people are starting to head back to their cars.

"Go get in the car I'll be there in a minute," I say to Maggie.

"Ok."

Maggie rubs my shoulders and takes Harriet to the car. I kneel down by the grave and look down at the casket that holds April.

"I love you, April. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner than now. I love you and I will always love you," I'm sobbing as I walk back to the car.

"We'll be ok, I love you," Maggie says hugging me.

"I love April, loved," I cry.

Through the tears I see Maggie starting to cry too.

"Ok," Maggie gets out of the car and walks towards Meredith's SUV and gets in.

"Harriet, your mommy loved you very much," I say.

Harriet looks at me smiling not understanding what is happening. A knock at the window jumps me until I see it's only Arizona. I roll the window down so we can talk.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that before she died she wrote a letter for you," Arizona says and then hands me a letter.

"When?" I ask.

"About an hour before. I'll leave you alone so you can read it."

I open the letter and brace myself for whatever it holds. It's short only four lines.

Jackson I would like you to know that I love you. I love you and Harriet and I will always will love you. But, I'm with God now and watching over you and Harriet. Please make
sure she turns out good.
Love,
April