MADMAX

Mike POV

"No, she's dead." I watched her get shot by Dr.Brenner. *Boom*

"Mike, Mike. MIKE!" Dustin yelled.

"What, what." I said in tears.

"You dozed off on the way to El's funeral."

It wasn't a dream. Damn it.

"You okay?" Lucas said.

"No." I said walking past them.

"Hey. Hey!" Dustin said.

I paid no attention to them. I was hysterical.

Brenner, I can't stop thinking about him. Brenner. That son of a bitch. He is a no good, lying, piece of shit.

"Hey." A feminine voice said behind me. It was Max. I realized she was touching my shoulder.

"What." I said not turning around.

She then went toward me and turned me around, now with both hands on both shoulders. I looked up.

"Hey, are you okay?" Max said giving me a smile.

"Why, is everyone asking me! I'm not okay is that what you wanted to hear!" I said storming off.

"Wait." Max said calmly.

I stopped and turned around. Slowly. I find she is only two inches away from my face.

Her long red hair was blowing in the wind. I felt like it was it. It was like the moment I felt with El. When we were in my basement and I said goodnight and it was like when I was in the gym, and.... I kissed her.

Slowly we leaned in, then......

"Hey!" Dustin yelled. We both quickly turned around and went an appropriate distance from each other.

"Come on its time to go!" Dustin said still yelling.

"Ok!" We said yelling back. We both blushed and that night, we didn't say anything to each other.

After the funeral we went to go eat, though, I didn't eat. We then went to the arcade to play some games, but I didn't play anything. They took me home and I was still in tears.

"Hey." Nancy said.

I didn't say anything. "Hellooo!" Nancy said a little louder this time. I was headed up the stairs, still in silence.

"Hey, dipshit!" Nancy said yelling.

"What!" I said furiously. "What's wrong?" Nancy said calmly.

"Argh!" I said storming up the stairs and slamming my bedroom door behind me.

When I got on my bed I started crying. I locked the door, even though only Nancy and I were home. I didn't want her bothering me. Not now.

She came and rattled the door knob.

"Mike! Mike! Let me in!" She said loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear.