time ~ dylmas

Dylan was never good with time. He was either late or early, sleeping in or waking up way before he needed to. He'd be late to set in the mornings and the last one to leave. But worst of all; despite never being on time, it always went super slowly for him.

Seconds felt like minutes, minutes like hours. He'd check the clock, make note of the time, and then check it what felt like a half hour later to find that only minutes had passed. It always happened, and it always drove him crazy.

It all seemed to stop when he was around Thomas, though. Time seemed to go faster than normal, and instead hours felt like minutes and minutes like seconds. Only Thomas could make time go by quickly for him.

Dylan had come home around four in the morning. He just finished a night scene and was completely exhausted. Still, he valued Thomas' sleep over his and took extra caution in being quiet when he entered their home. He turned the corner into the living room, only to find Thomas on the couch, watching a movie.

The older boys head turned as Dylan walked in, his blond hair falling over his forehead. Dylan kicked off his shoes before collapsing onto the couch beside him. Wordlessly Thomas pulled Dylan into his lap, his head on his chest. He rubbed his back and pressed a gentle kiss to the top of his head.

"Hi angel, why are you awake?" Dylan looked up at his boyfriend, enjoying Thomas' hand running down his back.

"I woke up around three and wanted to wait for you," He mumbled into his hair.

"Thats nice of you, angel." Dylan yawned, his eyes closing and his mouth open wide. Thomas couldn't help but giggle.

"Oh, my tired baby boy."

Dylan was already half asleep and aas only vaguely aware of Thomas shutting off the tv and carrying him to bed. He felt him tugging his jeans off and tucking him in, and then arms around him.

"Sweet dreams, love."

~ ~ ~ ~

Dylan's thoughts snap into focus as he awakes from sleep. He becomes aware of the pillow under his head, the soft blanket over his body, and the arm that is draped over his waist. Thomas' warmth envelopes him; Dylan's back is pressed to his chest.   

His eyes flutter open and he turns in his  boyfriends arms. Thomas is still peacefully asleep, his chest rising and falling slowly. A piece of his blond hair fall into his beautiful face, and Dylan lifted a hand and brushed it away.  He combed through his hair with his fingers, being gentle so he wouldn't wake him. His hand slid down and rested on the side of his face, his thumb brushing over his cheekbone.

Light filtered in through the thin curtains, shining on Thomas. He seemed to glow, the freckles he gained in the summer returning, dotting the pale skin across his nose. His hair shone, the dark roots looking blond and the blond parts looking gold.

Thomas stirred a little, his grip on Dylan's waist tightening. His deep, dark eyes opened and he gave Dylan a small, sleepy smile. He nuzzled into his hand, kissing the palm.

Dylan smiled and leaned forward, and kissed Thomas' nose then the corner of his mouth, ever so gentle. Thomas closed the small space between them, and their kiss was a calm, soft good morning.

Thomas adjusted so he was nestled in Dylan's arms, his head against his chest. Their legs tangled as they tried to get as close as possible to each other, and Dylan pulled the blanket up over their shoulders. His lips rested on Thomas' forehead, and he glanced at the clock.

"Angel, it's almost ten. Your shift starts at eleven, get up!" He pulled back a little and Thomas just let out a yawn and settled back against his chest.

"I'm off today." 

"Oh," Dylan sat up anyway, slowly so that Thomas could re-adjust. He placed his head in his lap, and a small smile crossed Dylan's face. He ran his fingers through Thomas' hair and the blond boy closed his eyes, turning his head and kissing Dylan's thigh.

The sun rose higher and higher in the sky and they just stayed in bed, cuddling and not saying much for each other's company was good enough. It soon became 11, then noon, then 1. 

For Dylan, it didn't feel like three hours. It felt like a half hour, because even though time moved slowly for him, Thomas made it speed up.

~ ~ ~ ~

AN: hey lovelies, another morning one oops

I'm a sucker for mornings