e p i l o g u e

EPILOGUE
( EMPTY )

     BRAYDEN SAT AT the front of the class, Lucas taking the seat next to her

BRAYDEN SAT AT the front of the class, Lucas taking the seat next to her. Unlike most of the times before, she had nothing prepared to turn in for her assignment. She and Lucas would possibly fail, but it was the thought that counted. Riley, Maya, Zay, and Farkle all sit with their partners, chatting away.

"I'm nervous," Brayden leans over to tell him. "You think we'll fail for this?"

"I think I'm ready. Are you ready?" Lucas asks her quietly, only receiving a sigh, then a nod in response before Cory Mathews was at the front of the room.

After everything that went down last week, Brayden had finally been introduced to Lucas's friends, and actually liked them. She now sat with them in class, and at lunch, and joined them at Topanga's pretty oftenly. Allison was back at Brayden's side now, at cheerful and non-toxic as she was before the party had ever happened.

Despite what everyone wanted, Brayden told her mother to not press charges against Dylan. The party was in the past, and she didn't want to open old wounds. Now that Elissa and Dylan were informed, her life was complete again, and things went back to normal. Even better than normal, now that she and Lucas were spending time together and were turning into something more than friends.

"Lucas and Brayden have the floor now," Cory tells the class, stepping off to the side as Brayden and Lucas move forward. "So, what war did the two of you pick for your project?"

"We didn't, actually," Lucas clears his throat, sharing a glance with Brayden. "We decided it wasn't important to learn about one. It doesn't matter who won, or who lost, or how it even began."

"Care to explain?" Their teacher asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well," Brayden pauses. "All that we should focus on is the ending. How the opposite sides were impacted, and what alliances were made. How the problem was solved."

"We shouldn't have to fight wars." Lucas decides, holding his hand out to Brayden, his eyes glittering from the light above them. "We shouldn't have to prove ourselves to others. With the right understanding, everything empty can become full. Because in the end-"

"The worst of enemies," Brayden slides her hand into his, "can always become the best of friends."

_______