Chapter 1

Revolution can often come in many forms. Peaceful, subtle, loud, on the backs of angry men who's blood begins to boil after getting whipped and abused for far to long.

For others it a personal revolution that one must over comes to achieve who they are. We all may go through them at one point.

This is the age of revolution. An age of angry men and people tired of a king's wrath.

1776 America started its revolution for the sake of becoming a free country and it own entity. Washington is fighting in the field defending the rights of men across the 13 colonies that cry out for the need and the rights of free men. Congress argues day and night about what it means to be a country and how to fight without actually stepping foot on the battleground or raising a musket.

1776 also starts the age for a young immigrant who dreams of something knew, something they could never achieve from where they hail from. They stood on the bow of the ship, the cost of New York coming into view. Their raven hair flying wild with the seas wind as they stood straight, holding tight to their one piece of luggage. The sun made the new comers already golden skin glimmer. There eyes looking hard and confident, as if they had their whole life ahead of them as they approached the harbor.

"Porting in New York!!" Yelled out the captain. The young man turned at the sound of his deep bellow. It finally hit him how real it was. He made it to America. Others began to huddle around the exit of the ship. The young man strained up to his tiptoes to try and see how close he was to land. He was on a ship for far to long.

"Name?" a voice cut into his thoughts, snapping him back to reality.

"Charles Bellamy, From Spain." He answered. The crewman looked at his list. Checking off his name. The tall and sharply dressed sailor looked at Charles up and down. Charles stayed silent. He knew he was short but there was no need to stare.

"And where is a young man like yourself heading?" Questioned the man before him.

"I came to America for school sir. I've been accepted to Kings College." He explained, holding the papers he needed for admissions and such. The crewman skimmed the paper before him and shrugged.

"Ha! Haven't you heard the news, boy?" He smirked writing a note on the parchment in his hand. Charles stared in confusion. What the hell could have happened?

"No?"

"Kings College is closed cause of the war! Ordered by the revolutionary committee themselves! Hasn't been a graduation in a year if I remember correctly"

"That's not possible!" News of the war had reached Spain of course. A small group of colonies doesn't challenge a global superpower with out it becoming the talk of the entire world. And he supposed the closing of a school didn't seem like valuable information to share.

"Hurry off now! Quit holding up the line!" He rushed. Charles jumped and made his way off the boat stepping foot on American soil for the first time. His eyes grew wide as he walked through the bustling city that welcomed him. Children ran through the streets laughing as they chased one another. Merchants called from their stand to beckon people to buy their goods. Charles peered down a street and down at the end he watch soldiers march in formation. The streets where congested and bustling. This was all so new for him. All the new sounds and smells making him all the more excited to continue on.

He followed the directions that where transcribed on the parchment he carried with him. The college seemed to be placed neatly right in the middle of the bustling city. Classes started within the next few weeks, or it were supposed to at least. He struggles to believe that the campus was closed. But there where two guards present right in front of the gates. They looked worn for wear and their wool coats where to hot for the summer weather. But it seemed that's all they had in this situation. Charles sighed. He needed to distract himself. There had to be an open library some where in this vast and massive city. This situation had put a damper on his whole plan. He risked so much for his dream of being a lawyer. And its already seemingly crumbled before his very eyes.