Chapter 4

"All right everyone!" I said. "Dinner time!"

My mom and dad instantly went to our dining room to find beautifully cooked pork marinated in barbeque sauce.

My dad sniffed the air and says: "Mmm. How delicious smelling porky!"

We all soon sat down to eat.

"Dear, this is simply wonderful. You sure make a good wife." My mom winked.

"Mmm-hmm." My dad agrees putting another slice of pork in his mouth.

"Dad, try to eat slowly please!" I giggled. He was practically inhaling his food.

......................................................

"Do I really cook that well?" I asked while dusting the table after dinner.

"Oh , please mija."  My dad replies. "Don't try to be modest."

"Well, I really wasn't." I said smiling widely.

Truth is, Connor hadn't really tasted my cooking yet so I don't know of he would approve. But, of course, hearing from your own parents that you have superb cooking can really boost up your confidence level.

Soon my phone rang and the header says Connor.

"Hey babe. How ya doin?" Connor answers.

"I'm good. We just had dinner. My masterpiece."

He yawned then apologized for it.

"No need to babe. I know you're tired."

Then, remembering my conversation with the man who called himself William, I wanted to ask what he was doing. Like what was his secret. But first I'll have to come smoothly.

'' Um, babe?"
"Yes?'' He answers earnestly.

"Do you know a man named William Worthington?" I asked.

"Well, kind of." He says.

"What do you mean 'kind of'?"

I could hear him scratch his head.

"Well, he used to be an aquaintance. But now we hardly see each other anymore. He was my..."

I don't know if he was thinking of an answer or remembering what William was, to him.

"Your...." I prod him

"My... coworker!" He says quite abruptly.

"Aah. Is that so?" I asked with an obvious suspicious tone.

''Yes. Now I gotta go because I really am sleepy now, Trinity. Bye and  lots of love!"

"Okay then. Bye!" I said.