Chapter 19

The kids turned around to see Bucky standing in the doorway. He looked quite mad, for some reason.

"Who were those assholes." He said, marching into the room. He looked so intimidating, the kids couldn't help but flinch back and make themselves as small as possible on the bed.

"Mr. Bucky-" Peter started, but he was cut off.

"Don't. I want to know." Bucky said, looking right in the kid's eyes. Peter immediately shut his mouth, looking at his feet. For some reason, he was getting scared. MJ was not intimidated, however, and looked right back into the soldier's eyes.

"No."

Bucky's always bright blue puppy eyes were now filled with anger as they turned to look in hers. They didn't remind her of a puppy anymore, but of a pack of angry wolves. She could just hide the shiver going down her spine, but managed to look big. At least, she hoped so. Especially with the now taken care of bruises and cuts.

"And why's that." Bucky said, daring her to convince him.

"Because if I tell you, you'll kill them." She said calmly, looking straight in his eyes. She could see a flicker of doubt in his eyes, before he masked it again with mischief, a slight hint of a smirk on his face.

"Of course not. Not right away, of course. I'll first have some fun." He said, his eyes glimmering with a somewhat evil spark.

"You know that's, like, illegal?" Peter now also had the courage to speak up, although he would much rather just let Michelle and Bucky do the arguing.

"So is raping someone, never mind a 15 year old, what's your point?" Bucky basically shot lasers out of his eyes, as he turned to face Peter. If looks could kill, they'd both be dead.

Michelle looked in Bucky's always bright blue eyes, as they slowly started to turn a greyish colour.

"Oh shit," she heard Peter mumble beside her. She turned to face him, wanting to ask what he meant. Peter just shook his head, keeping his mouth shut. Michelle, being the observant girl she is, saw him dial a number on his phone. She didn't know who's, but she did know that Bucky couldn't see it, or whatever Peter was trying to do, would fail.

"Look, Mr- Sir." Michelle said, keeping Bucky's attention on her. "They didn't do it, Peter came just in time-" Before she could finish, Bucky cut her off again.

"Yes but they wanted to do it. They were going to do it. I can't allow that."

"And what would you do if you'd find them. Torture them? They're our age. You know that, if you do it, you'll be just as bad as they are. How is that going to help you?" Michelle argued back, staying calm.

Bucky, however, didn't. Heat rose to his face as anger boiled up inside him.

"They can't just attempt rape and get away with it!" He yelled, making the walls of Michelle's room shake. Michelle was getting scared now too, but she wouldn't back down now. Peter had a plan, and she would help him in any way she could.

"No, exactly. That's what the police is good for. We'll inform them, and they'll get the punishment they deserve. That's how things are done here."

"What can the police do that I can't?!" Bucky yelled, getting desperate, knowing he was losing the argument. "Why don't I just save them the trouble and do the work for them?"

"Because," Michelle argued, staying just as calm as before, "they can do it legally. They can give us justice."

Bucky clenched his teeth. He knew that Michelle was right, but the deadly assassin inside him didn't want to just sit it out, wait for the police to do something. He balled his fists, seeing red. He wanted to get the justice this girl deserved. He wanted to deliver the punishment. He wanted to be the one to let them pay for what they did.