The Day After

I get the other chapter was rushed hahahaha, but I did write it in a bit less than an hour. I just wanted it up. So this one I took a bit longer to write. Although you may have expected this twist, enjoy :)

Alpha Mason POV

In my office, I call in Arissa to talk about the training progress. The way she moves, oh her curves. It's absolutely sexy. How this idiot of an Alpha rejected her, I'll never know. It's hard to rip my gaze away, but no one can know I care for her. For one, I'm afraid I'll hurt her. That and I'm afraid she'll reject me. She's stronger than me, after all.

My wolf hated me at first, when I started to like my She-Rouge. But my real mate, oh my poor Dessa, she's with the Moon Goddess. And there's nothing I can do about it.

He's over it now, and he won't admit it, but I think he has this affection for her too. Wait, I was staring again. and she's walking this way. Damn, I hope she didn't see.

"Like what you see, Alpha?" She's teasing me. The way she purrs 'Alpha,' hot damn. My wolf perks up and barks for me to just kiss her already.

"I-uhm. Sorry, I. Yeah." My stupid voice cracks and makes inherent noises.

Good going, idiot. My wolf, Zander, glowers. You're supposed to woo her, not act like a girl.

Damn, he's right. But I get so tongue tied around her.

"Well, what are you going to do now?" She puts her hand on my chest, spreading her fingers slowly. I am so screwed.

"This." My wolf pushes me and I crash my lips onto hers. At first, I'm getting nothing from her.

Does she not want this? Should I stop?

I guess she was just shocked, because her response has me breathless. Literally. I can feel the sparks, mate tingles and all.

But. My mate is dead? Shocked, I pull away.

Mate? Zander is just as confused as I.

"What's going on?!" Both of us turn to find an angry pair of boys. Zeke and Jake.

Zeke POV

Protect. Alex, my wolf, snaps. What? Why, she's not ours.

"My wolf is telling me to protect her. Alpha, I'm not going to be able to hold him back for long." Already I can feel my eyes brighting to an obsidian shade.

"Me too." Jake seems to be struggling also. Why are our wolves doing this?

"I command you to stand down." Alpha Mason's voice rings in my ears, but Alex is....ignoring him?

That's our Alpha, Alex, obey. I tried to reason, but it was pointless.

Jake POV

Keep her safe. Don growls low in my head.

Like Zeke, my Alpha's voice did nothing, his command shoved aside.

Stop, stop. Make it STOP. My ears ring, and I fall to my knees and hear the thud of Zeke's knees too.

Arissa POV

"Stand down." My wolf, Amaryllis, surfaced and snapped at the convulsing boys. Immediately, their wolves gave their humans control again.

What just happened?

"Mase?" I turn to him, half flushed.

"I have no idea. but we better ask Ell."

Ell, my best friend, is no fighter. She sees prophecies, Ell is the pack oracle.

Maybe she'll know what the hell just happened.

Moon goddess, don't complicate my mate life any more, please? But I had a sinking feeling that the boys' wolves weren't going to back down. It takes skill to disregard an Alpha command like that.

Using the pack link, Mason called Ell from her room.

"Something wrong?" She was down quick, how?

"I don't know why, but the boys' wolves disregarded an Alpha command and they're saying they have to protect me." I'm confused as hell. I thought you only get one mate anyways?

"Let's go see one of the books upstairs. I think it has the prophecy you're looking for." Her voice is different, quiet. Ell is loud as hell, so she's kinda scaring me.

Upstairs, she pulls out this book from one of her legend shelves. But why would she need that?

Alright, someone needs to start giving me answers instead of confusion.

Ell speaks again, "The legend. Of the She-Rouge."

That must mean the book has answers. But why would there be a book about me?

"Once broken, fixed by strength. The She-Rouge will become the strongest of wolves. As her powers grow, her fur will change into that of royalty. The She-Rouge is the Alpha with immeasurable power. She cannot join just any pack due to her Alpha instinct. Her mating instinct is dulled so that she may choose her partner. The She-Rouge is the protector of all Wolves everywhere. And so she has a personal guard, two wolves that dedicate their lives for her own protection and safety. However, this isn't just reasonless. It is said that when the She-Rouge emerges, chaos in the world will erupt. People will die. But she will save them all."

Hahaha what?! People will die. I am the cause of what is to come. it's my fault that the innocent will lose their lives.

"Not your fault." the two 'Protectors' said simultaneously.

"You'll save us all." Ell concludes with a happy smile. But I can tell it's fake.

"What's wrong, Ell?" Come on, just tell me.

"My mate is in your old pack." Ell forces out, and I can't help but freeze.

-------------------------------------

Too cliché? Please comment your thoughts, I'd rather not repeat my mistakes. Be as harsh as you want, I don't mind. So, anywayys, how was your day, people? Hope you enjoys this expected twist :)

On another note, how's my cover? I guess my photography could use a little work; I took that when I went to a Botanical Garden up in Montreal, Canada. Should I use something else instead, though?

-Princess <3