Stupid, just stupid (SniperEngie)

Damn that Engineer, damn him straight to Hell, thought the sulking Sniper as he sat in his Sniper's nest above the battle field, sneering down at the Southerner who was currently setting up a dispenser.

This was stupid. He was stupid.

So why has he been stuck in the sharpshooter's head for the past month...?

It was weird. No matter what he did, how much he slept, no matter how much he tried to think of something else, the damn Engineer kept returning to his thoughts.

He'd been doing everything he could to avoid him.

He stayed on the far side of the battlefield (but that proved useless seeing as the Engineer moved around a lot), he took his meals to his van, sometimes he didn't eat at all, and on top of it all he tried his damnedest to avoid him in the showers (for reasons that explain themselves.) Yet, nothing seemed to work.

It was crazy.

It was maddening.

It was stupid.

---------

"Hey there Slim, somethin' the matter?"

"Huh?", Sniper looked up to see none other than the country man himself standing behind him, though his goggles covered his eyes you could tell he was concerned.

"Oh, yea", he turned back to face the engine of his van, smoke billowing out like a burning chimney, "bloody thing's busted.", he said motioning to the smoking mess.

"Hmm, let me take a look at her."

Stepping aside, the Aussie watched as the shorter man sauntered over and peered down at the engine, making sure to steer clear of smoke.

"Ah, there it is", he said a few moments later, peering back up at the Sniper, a small smile gracing his lips, "ah found yer problem. Ah'll just need to head back to mah workshop and grab a few tools. Be back in a bit.", he said, heading back to the base.

Sniper just smiled and watched as the Engineer walked, but as soon as he was out of sight the smile was quickly replaced with a deep frown.

The Aussie inhaled and covered his face with his hand, backed up until his back hit the side of his van, and slid down until he was sitting, letting out a large sigh.

"Buger, buger, buger, buger,", Sniper silently cursed to himself.

He couldn't deny it any longer.

He had a crush on the Engineer. A big one too.

God he felt like a teenager, awkward and confused. Though, he didn't think he had a thing for men, but then again he wasn't really into shelias either.

But that wasn't even the worst part about all this.

The Engineer had a wife. He was married.

God, he was so stupid.

This was so stupid.

"Uh, Slim?"

Damnit.

Quickly, the Sniper stood and dusted himself off, giving the Southerner an awkward grin as he stared down at him, a rusty toolbox now present in his gloved hand.

"Oh! H-hey there Truckie! Didn't uh, see ya there...", he chuckled, avoiding eye contact.

Dell only shrugged, setting the box down and digging out a wrench, getting to work.

--------

"Try it now!", Engineer shouted as he slammed the hood of the van down.

Sniper nodded from inside of the van and started it up, earning a loud purr from the engine. After receiving a thumbs up from the other man he turned off the engine and hopped out.

"Well, she's about fixed.", Dell claimed proudly, giving the lanky man a big grin. Butterflies went off in the Sniper's chest.

"Yea, I really 'ppreciate your help an' all. If there's, ya know, anythin' I can do for ya-"

Dell scoffed. "Aw don't worry about, partner. It's mah job to help you folks out, no need to repay me."

He bent down to pack his tools back into their rightful places and Sniper couldn't help but sneak a peek of his-

"Welp, Ah'm off. Holler if she acts up again.", the Engineer said beging to walk back to the base.

"Y-yea, see ya.", Mick stuttered, a small blush rushing to his face.

Dell through a small wave over his shoulder before disappearing into the base doors, ever oblivious to how desperately Sniper wanted him to stay.

The Aussie sighed. He wish he never got this job. He wish he had became a farmer just like his dad wanted. But noooo, he just had to be an assassin. He just had to get this job. He just had to meet him.

God he was just so stupid.

He heard a chuckle behind him and whipped around to see none other than that bastard Spy.

"Well well well, does our dear Sniper fancy the Engineer?", he mocked with a devious smirk.

Oh for fuck's sake.
---------

Dear god i love these two

Also i just think the song goes well with the plot too

And i frickin love System Of A Down-